Sky TV customer - wanting cheaper calls - advice?

Options
Hi guys

I currently have Sky+ multiroom and it costs me £53 a month. I also am paying around £75 a month for my BT calls and Broadband and I think I'm paying way over the odds. Am I better off going for Sky's all-in package for the telly, phone and broadband, has any other Sky customer done this and is it as good a deal as their marketing blurb makes out? I need pretty quick broadband access and a decent amount of monthly download bandwidth.

Any advice is welcome - cheers! (And apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't find a thread...)

Equinut
Posts are not monitored but signatures are!

Comments

• cindyhove
    cindyhove Posts: 582 Forumite
    Options
    We also had the same.
    We have changed to Sky broadband for £5 per month instead of the £26 we were paying to BT broadband.
    It's not as reliable as BT, but for the difference in cost it's worth it!
  • keefrto
    keefrto Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, as I understand it the sky package would seem to be a good deal, however if you are able to compare the primus package and 18185/1899 using BT line rental, that would be a good starter. A lot of the comparison sites don/t include primus or indeed the 1899 etc. Whatever you do you gotta change the phone deal you are currently on:eek:
    Currently 4 me its Rogers Contract cell phone, REBTEL.COM is the best mobile making and receiving calls to/from UK and Canada:beer:
  • keefrto
    keefrto Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    Are you a heavy broadband user and phone user? I would go to Sky and ask them whats the best deal you can get from them, get them to email the proposal to you and compare
    Currently 4 me its Rogers Contract cell phone, REBTEL.COM is the best mobile making and receiving calls to/from UK and Canada:beer:
  • Equinut
    Equinut Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    hi keefrto and cindy

thanks for the replies guys! :T

keefrto, i use broadband a lot for downloads and also as the missus runs her own website so decent bandwidth and regularity of service are key, can't afford the thing to fall down mid-webpage upload!

i guess my phone bill alone is around £35 a month from BT, and we don't have an above-average call rate :(

equinut
    Posts are not monitored but signatures are!
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Equinut wrote:
    i guess my phone bill alone is around £35 a month from BT, and we don't have an above-average call rate
    Welcome to the MSE forums Equinut.

Please stop paying BT all that money - they have enough already!

Click the 'HERE' link in my signature below for some suggestions on how to do that.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • rik_t
    rik_t Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    I would go for it. I went from paying around £50 a month to BT for phone and broadband to £11 a month to BT (Line Rental) and £5 a month to Sky for Sky Talk and also have free broadband. Had no issues so far and you get a wireless modem thrown in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure