PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• Excited13
    Excited13 Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    The shower is on the landing :cool:

I completely missed it a very bizarre flat. Surely it'd be best making the bedroom into a kitchen/living room and making an ensuite in the reception room.
  • kyana
    kyana Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    or maybe turn the corridor/kitchen/loo/shower space into the lounge and the existing lounge into a new kitchen/bathroom (move the wall back to make new lounge same size as old). guess the plumbing might not work and the windows might be odd but still. a shower in the corridor?!
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    I think this cottage looks lovely & wonder if they were just lucky with pic 12 or if it was engineered also in pic 8 is it a wide angle lens or is that a really long table, could sit 20 or so people around it.
    I found an "unusual" flat for sale in Dundee, unfortunately it's only on with tayside property solicitors & not rightmove so if you want to see the schedule you have to click on a link on the website http://www.tspc.co.uk/details.asp?id=107805 flat looks ok in itself, they have done some work on it, then I realized why the bath is pictured at such an odd angle , the bath, sink & only toilet in the flat is in the main bedroom!
    Booo!!!
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    Options
    Violetta wrote: »
    I think this cottage looks lovely & wonder if they were just lucky with pic 12 or if it was engineered also in pic 8 is it a wide angle lens or is that a really long table, could sit 20 or so people around it.
    I found an "unusual" flat for sale in Dundee, unfortunately it's only on with tayside property solicitors & not rightmove so if you want to see the schedule you have to click on a link on the website http://www.tspc.co.uk/details.asp?id=107805 flat looks ok in itself, they have done some work on it, then I realized why the bath is pictured at such an odd angle , the bath, sink & only toilet in the flat is in the main bedroom!

I live in Dundee too! :D

That cottage is lovely. Have you seen this? http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36023626.html If only I had the money. :heart2:
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • fionajbanana
    fionajbanana Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Options
    I just wanna know how they get through the front door, pic 6!!! :rotfl:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-23685279.html

Being end of terrace, the back door?

Seriously, if you are selling your house, make sure you can use your front door as it could put off buyers thinking the place is too small. I got that from the House Doctor. The vendors could easily moved the sofa nearest the door to under the window and then move it back to the photo when viewers aren't looking.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    ElkyElky wrote: »
    Have you seen this? http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36023626.html If only I had the money. :heart2:
    That is gorgeous - but hello??????? Is that the sea you can see from picture 11? Did nobody think maybe a few pictures of the view would help?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Excited13 wrote: »
    I can't see a bath or shower either. Very strange.

Nor could I and I came to the conclusion that that's why the sink in the bedroom - they are supposed to have strip washes at that.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think this cottage looks lovely & wonder if they were just lucky with pic 12 or if it was engineered also in pic 8 is it a wide angle lens or is that a really long table, could sit 20 or so people around it!

Good Lord, an agent who can take photos and provide decent room plans!

The house isn't bad either, though lack of a GF loo is an oversight, but easily remedied.

I'd imagine that agent saw the opportunity for pic 12 as he was going around and just waited a while for it to happen. The table is no more than 10' long, which is long, but about right for family get-togethers.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options

Translated as "nice one bedroom flat" and the vendors have been trapped in it for quite some time since their child was born and they decided to put their bed in the bathroom.
  • Shassa
    Shassa Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Love this house! Sorry, can't post links...

www dot rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41304878.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport