PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,595 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    ukmaggie45 wrote: »

Spot the cat....
    That is one hell of a moggy sitting on the wheelie bin (pic 10).
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • StumpyPumpy
    StumpyPumpy Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Dandie89 wrote: »
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-74819317.html
    I think I would be a little scared to tell these people I didn't like their house :eek:
    It won't be a problem, they are either decommissioned or mock-ups because although I don't recognise the one on the right, the one on the left looks like a "Tommy gun" officially called a Thompson Submachine Gun (though it has the stick rather than the drum magazine favoured by the prohibition gangster movies) and even Dillinger wouldn't let an estate agent photograph a highly illegal working gun in their house:eek:
    Patr100 wrote: »
    cloo wrote: »
    This property has 'an amazing setting facing onto the River Liffey with superb views of salmon stands, wildlife & the weir.' So let's show a photo of it looking like an industrial shed by a main road and not actually any photos of the view.
    https://turley.ie/propertydetails.php?property=2206173&type=residentialsale
    How is that link working for some people? I'm getting an error:
    Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [NoMatchFailure] Could not find rental ad with ID 2206173. Request ID: 8420 in /home/turley/public_html/propertydetails.php:89 Stack trace: #0 /home/turley/public_html/propertydetails.php(89): SoapClient->__call('media', Array) #1 /home/turley/public_html/propertydetails.php(89): SoapClient->media(Array) #2 {main} thrown in /home/turley/public_html/propertydetails.php on line 89
    It is a known bug in the MSE Forums - there is an erroneous space added in long links when the comment is published (In this case in the word residential). You have to create a short name for the URL to get it to work in a comment or copy the link into the address bar of your browser and remove the space manually.

Try this:
    Click Here

SP
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    https://www.austinhawk.co.uk/property/AHANDTC26I3356/?uid=7824864

Ever fancied lounging around in bed with your other half sat on the toilet next to you then this one is for you.:rotfl:

Very odd little house with a bathroom in the bedroom (No separation aside of a waist height wall behind the wc)

You'd think a few baths in here would pose a significant condensation issue too
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    FreeBear wrote: »
    Spot the cat....
    That is one hell of a moggy sitting on the wheelie bin (pic 10).

Zoom in - I think that's a black plastic bag.
  • D.L wrote: »
    rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-79542599.html
    Love the floorplan...!

How lovely having the bathroom window looking into the bedroom and v.v.

They seem a little bit scared of burglars.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • tom9980
    tom9980 Posts: 1,990 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've helped Parliament
    When using the housing forum please use the sticky threads for valuable information.
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    tom9980 wrote: »

How does a place get into that state?
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    bouicca21 wrote: »

I’m guessing vegetation growing up the walls. For a long time. And it’s obviously not been inhabited.

Shame really.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • bouicca21 wrote: »

Radiator leak unnoticed under the carpet, and condensation on the coldest external walls; perhaps the occupant was in/out of hospital and didn't notice. The kitchen looks quite clean and that's usually the worst if a property is neglected.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure