PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• toozie_2
    toozie_2 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    "Stands the clock at five past three
    And is there duckling, still, for tea?"

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45223739.html

Did it take the agent over an hour to shoot the photos, or was he/she adrift in a time warp, savouring the 'abundance of character,' otherwise known as 'not doing a bliddy thing to it?' ;)

Kitchen clock could have stopped.........or....the occupants probably kept EA talking?
    :j
  • LisbonLaura
    LisbonLaura Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Too much time on your hands Toozie!! :rotfl:

Away only one day & I had burdened myself with the label: 'Failed to Keep Up':(
    Yours is a much healthier attitude 'supersaver2' . I shall adopt it (without permission)! :D

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm?itemId=261513519397
    Pic3 Split level breakfast bar, with hob. Microwave for small children & [STRIKE]dwarfs[/STRIKE] the vertically challenged only?

& pics 6, 7&9 are lacking something.....a purpose? dried twigs? or even just a vase?
    Or do they magically cease to be corridors & become the bedrooms & bathrooms that we are not allowed to see?
  • toozie_2
    toozie_2 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27846654.html

Defiantly some 70's architecture here, odd set of spiral stairs-definitely a no no for the buy with young kids. Pic 7, aluminium ladder, is that for the window cleaner or to get from one balcony to another?
    Nice trip hazard in pic 10 when you get up in the night half asleep.
    Loving the hairdryer on the wall in the bathroom too!!!

Might have been cutting edge in the 70's...not now.
    :j
  • LisbonLaura
    edited 26 June 2014 at 9:07AM
    Options
    ^ Note how pic10 illustrates the (failed) effort expended in carrying the extreme ugliness of the exterior across to the interior.

Edit: why does the use of an upward arrow nearly always coincide with a page change? :(
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Soran wrote: »

The interior isn't too dissimilar to My Style, but I am finding the shape of the house a bit offputting. Think a house like that needs as much "softening" as possible by the garden style and that isn't a bad garden. Would prefer to be able to see the garden more clearly and what's the kitchen like? (wouldn't imagine its a bad one judging by rest of house).
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 26 June 2014 at 7:58AM
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    "Stands the clock at five past three
    And is there duckling, still, for tea?"

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45223739.html

Did it take the agent over an hour to shoot the photos, or was he/she adrift in a time warp, savouring the 'abundance of character,' otherwise known as 'not doing a bliddy thing to it?' ;)

I'd say that's a niche house. You either have a niche in your heart that says "Thata My Style" or you don't. The only thing I could spot in the photos that says Work to me is that hallway picture, where I've peered past the character window (tick) and the yellow wallpaper and thought "That there wallpaper is coming off the walls...whats wrong behind it?" oh...and I cant see any sign of central heating. The rest is something I think I could feel "cosy" in, but then (being me) would instantly mentally gut the place. But that's just because its Notta My Style.

Some people want a place that feels like "Home" and then there's others (like me, for instance) who want, first and foremost, for a house to be easy and efficient to run and will think about "Home" considerations later.
  • LisbonLaura
    edited 26 June 2014 at 9:10AM
    Options
    Mardle wrote: »
    http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/33613824

Odd kitchen!
    Not sure about bedroom 1!
    Or the bathroom!

Bizarre. A child size bathroom with OAP stains, yet full size shower?
    How did they get the toilet paper to stick out like that?

Two London scum landlord studio flats would fit into that kitchen.....hmmmm.
    I can see my name in lights now: 'Grimsby's Answer to Fergus Wilson'.
  • EdwardS033
    EdwardS033 Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Where can we start with this one?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46893578.html

Firstly I feel sorry for the fish!
    I have never seen a sofa arranged like that!
    Evil death head in one bedroom!
    What happened on that double bed!
  • Forris
    Forris Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    EdwardS033 wrote: »
    Where can we start with this one?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46893578.html

Firstly I feel sorry for the fish!
    I have never seen a sofa arranged like that!
    Evil death head in one bedroom!
    What happened on that double bed!

...and I really hope that brown lump on the kitchen ( I use the term loosely) counter is a piece of bark :eek:
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Options
    Bizarre. A child size bathroom with OAP stains, yet full size shower?
    How did they get the toilet paper to stick out like that?

Two London scum landlord studio flats would fit into that kitchen.....hmmmm.
    I can see my name in lights now: 'Grimsby's Answer to Fergus Wilson'.

Use thick loo paper, at top of roll fold over side to middle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport