Help with wrong info on Credit Report

Options
Hi

Quick background, got myself into debt years ago and decided to get it sorted so did so through an IVA with Payplan. The default date was 4th July 2005 and one of the companies was Egg loans. So 6 years from 4th July 2005 all details should have dropped off my credit report. Been keeping an eye on reports for a while and all looked good to drop off but went in today and on my Callcredit report it appears that Egg sold their debt to Prudential Banking on 31st July 2011 and I now have a default from Prudential Banking on my Callcredit report default date 31st July 2011 reported to 31st July 2017. This should not be there as it is an old debt to Egg defaulted on 4th July 2005 and should have been removed from my reports now. What can I do about it? How do I fix it as it is seriously messing up my credit report and I am being punished for something that should now be resolved? Please help if you can. Also note that this does not show on my Experian or Equifax reports.............. yet! Many thanks in advance if you can help.

Comments

• Naf
    Naf Posts: 3,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I take it you're still paying egg, or Prudential?
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    - Mark Twain
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon: no matter how good you are at chess, its just going to knock over the pieces and strut around like its victorious.
  • cookie78
    cookie78 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    No I am not paying any of them. They were included in the IVA and got their agreed settlement that way which was finished in Sep 2010. The default date was 4th July 2005, if Egg hadn't sold this to Prudential it all looked like it would drop off fine then this appeared today. Thanks
  • Naf
    Options
    You have all your documents from when the IVA was arranged? Confirmation from egg that it was all accepted?
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    - Mark Twain
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon: no matter how good you are at chess, its just going to knock over the pieces and strut around like its victorious.
  • FoggyBrain_2
    FoggyBrain_2 Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. You need to write to the Data Controller at Prudential, with copies of the Proposal and the completion letter and ask them to remove the default.
  • cookie78
    cookie78 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks for the help, I am going to write to both Prudential Banking and the credit reference agency to try and get this removed. How difficult is that likely to be?
  • Naf
    Options
    As long as you have the proofs, it should be no problem at all. In theory they should simply correct the records when they realise their mistake.
    - Mark Twain
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure