Savings for UK taxpayers who live in Belgium

I am a UK Taxpayer, but live in Belgium working for NATO.

I have monies that I would like to Invest or put into Savings Accounts in the UK but continue to be told that I am unable to open accounts because I do not have a UK address.

Can anyone help me or advise me on a Savings Co that will allow me to open an online account.

Sean Keates


  • euronorriseuronorris Forumite
    12.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Are you a resident in BE or UK? You cannot open a UK bank account, or other financial product unless you are a UK resident (usually).

    However, there are certain companies that offer international bank accounts and savings products. Here is one example: They offer Expat services. But please Google for other banks offering similar services. I believe Lloyds and Barclays also offer similar services.

    Alternatively, if you are a registered BE resident, then you can invest your money in a BE savings account. That may work out better financially as you will not lose money in exchange rates.

    Also, don't put your real name on here for security reasons.
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • vic_sf49vic_sf49 Forumite
    380 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Do you have a BFPO number?

    You should be able to open an account with that as your address.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

British Gas prepay meter users... pay less for gas from 1 April

MSE News

The 'odd Easter flavours' thread 2023

What bizarre food stuffs have you spied?

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools