HOME BARGAINS finds thread 4

Comments

• bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    discovery tortilla wraps 59p in Coventry city centre
    stardrops 33% extra free 89p (with the 33% thats 1L)

Neither are new, but 33% extra free is quite recent in Coventry, not many left.
  • sandraann
    sandraann Posts: 125
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Trousers which are identical down to my sons £9 m&s trousers are £1.49 for 5-12 years
  • BargainJunky
    BargainJunky Posts: 1,503
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've seen the £1.49 boys school trousers in the store at Chelmsley Wood and I agree they do look very similar to M&S ones.

At Stechford this morning they had Yankee Candle tarts for 19p each (three different flavours), Lego Duplo sticker books at 39p each, My First JCB sticker books at 29p, cute bookmarks with mom, nan etc on for 10p each, Hallmark initial keyrings with teddy figure I think were 39p. There were loads of Night Garden, Zingzillas products ready beds for £10.99 night lights for £6.99 I think. One practical thing was Dettol anti bacterial surface cleaner 750ml for £1.39. Childrens metal waste bins £1.99 each (Ben 10, Minnie mouse etc etc).

Went in for Walkers Crinkle crisps and spent just over £16.00 - no crisps!
  • pretzelnut
    pretzelnut Posts: 4,301 Forumite
    I found an In the night garden toddler ready bed for £10.99 today.
    Absolute bargain considering I paid £35 for one a few weeks ago for my other daughter to stay at my mums house, now they can both go at the sane time :)
    :TIs thankful to those who have shared their :T
    :T fortune with those less fortunate :T
    :T than themselves - you know who you are!
    :T
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Hiya BargainJunky - You're local to me. :wave::wave::wave:

I'll have to go and get some Yankee Tarts - I love them, and that's a fab price. :D
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • klolav
    klolav Posts: 892 Forumite
    Yesterday I had Sharwoods Coriander and Garlic poppadoms pack of 10. They £1.39 (ish) in Asda, 20p in Home bargains. Date until next year too. Great addition to any curry! Also mini naan breads- 4 in pack for 10p (BB july 2011).
    Also had loads of loose cereal bars and fruit bars for 10p each.
  • ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    There are Yankee Tarts in stock at Accrington branch.Only Lavender fragrance though but at 19p you can't be bit
  • thumbnail.aspx?q=1022187407807&id=90de503099ab0f5f4f7700bd3123f49f
    Six different types of Yankee candle tart available at my local store - including cranberry, fresh linen, fruit punch and lilac breeze. (other two were, I think, coffee and blue denim?)

Also had bottles of J2O fruit drink - orange and passion fruit - 4 for £1. Cheapest I've seen.

Thank goodness for a return to form from Home Bargains! Some of the prices for regular items, like soap powder, were beginning to creep up to be comparable to anywhere else.
  • purplestar133
    purplestar133 Posts: 1,731
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Wow, will have to make a trip in for those yankee candles!
  • BargainJunky
    BargainJunky Posts: 1,503
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    elysia2003 wrote: »
    Hiya BargainJunky - You're local to me. :wave::wave::wave:

I'll have to go and get some Yankee Tarts - I love them, and that's a fab price. :D

Hi Elysia we can now compare bargains!

There were loads of the Yankee Tarts this morning in Stechford - not selling many as there was no SEL on them. I have not been to Chelmsley Wood this week so unsure if they have them but will post if I see them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure