For safety concious parents, found a bargain!

Options
Hi all,

Thought I would post this here as it relates to families. Anyway, I had been looking for absolutely ages for one of those bright coloured tabards with reflective strips for my toddler for our walk back from nursery in the dark that wasn't too expensive and eventually came across some today in Ikea. I don't know if they sell them everywhere, but this was only £2.29, starting from age 3-7yrs though fits my nearly two year old fine. I know the days are getting longer now, but it will be useful for a good while yet.

Bless her, all she needs now is a shovel and wheelbarrow!!

Also, theres now an Ikea family card that you can sign up for in store which will make you some savings on certain products. I can't remember the exact savings, but they are okay. E.g. on the tabard we saved 58p, so what should have cost £2.29 only cost £1.71!

Ooops, supposed to post this on the families board! Ah well, could a board guide shift me please?!
"I've fallen down a hole" - said in best Monty Python voice-over.

Comments

• looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    thats great! I've been looking for one of those too. Ds school is a mile and a half away we get the bus there on a morning but at home time there isn't a bus so we we have to walk home along some really busy roads. It's about 3.45 when we get home and on a wet winters day it can be quite dull and dark by then.

Thanks
  • Alleycat
    Alleycat Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad to help. They go up to adults sizes and have them in pink, green and yellow (though only in pink for the smallest size). Its great, she glows!!
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    They sell small and large HiViz tabards/waistcoats in the Pound Shop too :)
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• Alleycat
    Alleycat Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jay-Jay wrote:
    They sell small and large HiViz tabards/waistcoats in the Pound Shop too :)

I saw some the other week, but they didn't go down small enough unfortunately. I may pop in and get a matching one for my OH. It would be quite cute on the days he picks her up!
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,058 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Alleycat wrote:
    They go up to adults sizes and have them in pink, green and yellow (though only in pink for the smallest size).
    That's discrimation against larger pink-loving people ... :rotfl:
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family