how do you listen to music?

Options
seeing as there are so many ways to obtain and listen to music i wondered what your preferred one is?

eg spotify, free if you're prepared to listen to adverts.
or would you rather pay a small fee to either stream or download?
or do you prefer the physical ownership of a cd or vinyl?

then when you have 'got' your music, how do you listen to it?
through your phone, ipod or other mp3 player?
through your computer?
through a traditional hifi?

finally are you concerned with sound quality? do you listen with the ear/headphone your player came with? or upgrade them? do you prefer to listen through computer/hifi speakers?

Comments

• KnightSmile
    KnightSmile Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    I have signed up to Spotify premiem - 10 quid a month - unlimited music and no adverts - I'm loving it at the moment!
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MP3 player for me. I have a computer with speakers but prefer to listen to music on the move, whilst waiting for public transport or in the gym. I love music and couldn't live without it but it can keep me awake at night if I'm listening to it before trying to sleep (the only time I use my computer is in the evenings).

MP3 (and 4) player of choice? Ipod. Don't know if I'll ever go back to Sony/a regular MP3 now!!
  • joyceliu
    joyceliu Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Iphone4 for me,in many counties music without copyright,like china,hk, so I download the music from thoese countries
  • liam8282
    liam8282 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    Options
    I download any music I want, then play it in the car via a fm transmitter, or in the house I play it via my ps3 which is connected to my hifi.

Also have an ipod nano and an ipad, but don't really use these for music that much now.
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 August 2011 at 10:35AM
    Options
    I don't have an ipod or an MP3 thingy and feel no need to listen through my 'phone. I think people who seemingly have headphones surgically attached are just a teeny bit sad. There again I AM a golden oldie! Maybe someone can explain to this oldie the need to be accompanied everywhere by music.
  • Emmarillo
    Emmarillo Posts: 513 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pineapple wrote: »
    I don't have an ipod or an MP3 thingy and feel no need to listen through my 'phone. I think people who seemingly have headphones surgically attached are just a teeny bit sad. There again I AM a golden oldie! Maybe someone can explain to this oldie the need to be accompanied everywhere by music.

I'm not exactly old but I don't feel the need to be accompanied everywhere by anything. I have an ipod and enjoy music around the house and in the car (and can understand gym,public transport etc), but my weird confession is I hardly ever take my phone out with me, and people find that very strange. For some bizarre reason I hate always being contactable. I'm not doing anything secretive or underhand, but I feel more free if I leave my phone at home!!
  • want2bmortgage3
    Options
    agree with last 2 posters, i am not exactly old (almost 30!), but no longer like to travel with music in my ears. i want to be able to relax and listen to music which i cant do on the move. even driving, i now prefer listening to a talk radio station instead of music.

i suppose i see music as on par with tv/video games, instead of just an accompaniment, i could quite easily sit for a few hours listen to several albums start to finish one evening, rather than watching a film or tv.
  • Butter1
    Options
    I buy all my stuff off itunes...
    Tempted to go to spotify soon though.
    iTunes copywrite all of their music sold so i cant put it on a usb and play it in my car...
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    i play it on the pc where as the gf constantly flicks through music channels on sky (she play a bit then flick to next channel it drives me mad)
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spotify free, youtube, DAB/internet radio set, my phone and youtube. If theres a song on the DAB/internet radio set ill use soundhound on my phone to listen to the song and then give me details of the song then ill youtube it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure