A question about advance fares

Hi

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere on the site, I couldn't see anything.

Anyway, I was wondering whether anyone could help me. I am travelling from Leicester to Haywards Heath and back (via London) next week and I can save a few quid by buying two advance singles rather than a return.

I know I'll have to catch a specific train from Leicester to London, but will my ticket also dictate which train I catch from London down to Haywards Heath, or will I be able to choose any same day off-peak train I want?

The reason I ask is because the ticket sites assume it will take about an hour to get across London on the tube, when in fact it will be a fair bit less, and I don't want to be hanging around for ages waiting for a specific train.

Thanks!

Comments

• bb21
    bb21 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Your ticket will be routed "+AP EMT & CONNECT". The leg of journey between London and Haywards Heath is the connection. I would imagine that this leg does not come with a mandatory reservation coupon. Please let me know otherwise. In this case, you're not obliged to take the suggested service, but any appropriate connecting service.

Furthermore as your journey is between a station outside the former Network area (Leicester) and one inside the area (Haywards Heath), the connection inside the area is not subject to time restrictions, meaning that you may use it at any time.

Recommended cross-London transfer times are mostly very generous indeed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure