We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Vacuum Cleaner rcommendation
AndyD_OHD
Posts: 369 Forumite
HI All
Our Dyson DC05 died uesterday, and with having 2 kids under 5 we are needing to get a new vacuum cleaner fast... I wondered whether anyone could recommend any please... Ideally we'd like a good suction, and not too heavy and not too expensive. Don't mond spending £200 but it would have to be a good one of course. Thanks in advance.
Our Dyson DC05 died uesterday, and with having 2 kids under 5 we are needing to get a new vacuum cleaner fast... I wondered whether anyone could recommend any please... Ideally we'd like a good suction, and not too heavy and not too expensive. Don't mond spending £200 but it would have to be a good one of course. Thanks in advance.
0
Comments
-
Get a Henry, its the best one we have had.
If you don't find joy in the snow,
remember you'll have less joy in your life
...but still have the same amount of snow!0 -
miele are good, but you pay a bit more and have to have bags.0
-
Another vote for Henry or Henry Extra. Good old workhorse, lasts forever,
If you notice all the builders use them,
Just as an aside, I work for a company who repairs vacuum cleaners and 90% of the ones we repair are Dysons, I personally
wouldhnt have one given because of that.make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
and we will never, ever return.0 -
Miele cat and dog. Bags last for ages and blows the dyson out of the picture!0
-
Another vote for the Miele Cat & Dog.0
-
I love my Miele cat and dog, but we have two long haired collies and two very long haired females here, so lots of hair to hoover up!Here I go again on my own....0
-
I presume you can empty and reuse the bags? We were wondering as with the vortex-type system you do, of course, save by not having to purchase bags.0
-
get a henry.
and half the price of the miele too.Get some gorm.0 -
I presume you can empty and reuse the bags? We were wondering as with the vortex-type system you do, of course, save by not having to purchase bags.
No,you have to discard the bag once full. Suitable bags can be purchased on-line very reasonably, the "real" Miele ones are expensive.
http://www.dustbag.co.uk/?type=&i=Search+Results&s=miele&x=21&y=9
The Turbo Brush on the Miele is very effective.0 -
After my Dyson Animal was no longer doing a great job, I decided to buy the following VAX UPRIGHT from Argos. I had good reviews on their site and also MSE, and for the price, I thought I can't go wrong...It is the best hoover I have had, carpets look so much cleaner. For the price, a BARGAIN. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4065199/Trail/searchtext%3EVAX.htm#pdpFullProductInformation0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
