Options
neilsbox_chart.gif Thread Stats
neilsbox_eyes.gif Views:

Wmouth.pngW Factor
Coming Soon...

Share This Thread:
facebook_share.jpg
tweet.jpg

Hi I am getting a small stud wall built basically a double door lining and about 1ft of stud work either side and above it.

The lounge has been rewired and all of the chases are bonded up the ceiling has also been overboarded old coving has been taken down will be putting new up after plastering.

The room is approx 6mtr X 4.5mtr no furniture , carpet or radiators and all the electrical points are not connected so no sockets etc on the wall.

I have had a quote for 2 -3 days work @ £140 a day and I am getting all the materials , this is for the studwall and the whole room to be skimmed.

Does this seem a bit on the cheap side? I thought plasters charge more than that this is the first quote that I have had at the moment.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• owls
    owls Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    140 a day sounds about right.if you aint happy get another quote
  • mrstaypuft
    Options
    More than happy with that quote thought it may have been a bit too cheap although having a bit of trouble contacting him now.
    Got another quote £1300 for just the plastering!
  • KateLiana27
    KateLiana27 Posts: 707 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't employ any tradesperson on a daily rate, without agreeing a price for the whole job beforehand. There's no incentive not to work at snail's pace - quite the opposite!

£1300 sounds excessive. Get another couple of quotes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure