Replace an electric shower please help!!!

Options
Jay99
Jay99 Posts: 4 Newbie
Hey, I have a worcester 24I combination boiler but the flue won't light up, and I need a new one, but I cannot afford it, so now I have to turn somewhere else, and I have a shower, but it blew up a year back and doesn't work, it has its own dedicated fuse box and I wanted to buy a £50 shower from tesco direct and replace it, do you think its a good idea? It has its own pull cord switch and a tap which regulates the water flow, I will post pictures soon, and have a max budget of £100, so what do you think?

All help much appreciated
Thank you.

By the way I'm pretty good with all the electrical stuff (computer builder) and the shower itself has a tap to switch the water on and off so it would be possible for me to replace it without any plumbing or wiring.

Comments

• phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You need to make sure that the location of the water supply on your old shower is the same as the new one, or it could be probematic try to plumb it in. .
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • Jay99
    Jay99 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I have plenty of space to fit it in, it just needs screwing in because I can switch off the tap.
    Image soon
  • CaptainKidd
    CaptainKidd Posts: 211 Forumite
    Options
    the main thing is that the services come in the same position on the old shower and new shower as this will make it alot simpler to fit, you also need to check the cable size for the shower is large enough e.g 6mm/10mm and check the Kw of the new shower. Does the shower just now currently have an R.C.D fitted?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure