Income Support and small Private Pension

Options
13»

Comments

• dalem_2
    dalem_2 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for clarifying this but I did ask the OP whether he was receiving IB topped up by IS in posts # 2 & 8.
    Thanks for everyones input on this.

When I refer to IB I was thinking about Incapacity Benefit as that is what I originally had not Income Based allowance.

Thanks.
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    dalem wrote: »
    Thanks for everyones input on this.

When I refer to IB I was thinking about Incapacity Benefit as that is what I originally had not Income Based allowance.

Thanks.

Don't worry - IB is the normal abbreviation for Incapacity Benefit on here so we've all been singing from the same hymn sheet.
  • NASA_2
    NASA_2 Posts: 5,571 Forumite
    Options
    McKneff wrote: »
    . If you have a pension available, in many cases you have to take it. Otherwise it would be treated as "Income available on application" and your benefit would be reduced even if you did not take it.

Thats what I was trying to ask but just didnt know how to put it. I thought that was the case as I'd seen something similar on other threads.
    Thanks.
    Yes, deprivation of Income, people are expected to rely on other sources of income if they are available which is just right.

I saw a student being caught recently for not applying for their alternative income and they arent receiving anything at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure