PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Despertely Seeking A Lodger

I livein London in a nice house and have a spare room -

I was thinking of renting this out but cant find any tennants - I have ut an advert in the local university - but did nt hear anything

Also the ad keeps gettig pulled down by other students...

Can anyone suggest where to get good tennants - Personally Japanese quiet females are ideal I am led to believe.

Comments

• Hi
    Why not advertise in the Loot? You might also consider advertising free on https://www.gumtree.com. I've always used the Loot and Gumtree when i've been room hunting. As for the University, it might be worth speaking to the accomodation office as they have their own list which they give to students who are looking for accomodation and students are more likely to go there first.

Good luck.
    d.
    Joey122 wrote:
    I livein London in a nice house and have a spare room -

I was thinking of renting this out but cant find any tennants - I have ut an advert in the local university - but did nt hear anything

Also the ad keeps gettig pulled down by other students...

Can anyone suggest where to get good tennants - Personally Japanese quiet females are ideal I am led to believe.
  • GUMPO
    GUMPO Posts: 376 Forumite
    Check out the local McDonalds at around 4pm on a Sunday. Ours always seems to be full of fellas who have just separated from their wives with their kids in tow. Must be a lodger in that!
    FREE THE WM3
  • never_enough
    never_enough Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    I always used Loot when I was looking for a lodger. Alternatively any language schools nearby? Might be worth contacting them.
  • https://www.flatmateclick.co.uk

my sister found someone from there
  • (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton

• We have also found some from our local University (either a 'regular' lodger or overseas -you need to be a 'parent' to the overseas ones - but contact the Accomodation Unit for both).

Word of mouth is THE most reliable.

Go to https://www.landlordzone.co.uk for useful paperwork including logder references nad contract.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure