2007 - Newbie and making a new start

Hi all,

I have lurked for a long time and have to say how much I admire those of you who are making such an effort to sort your finances and still find the time to provide advice and guidance to others.

I am now joining you and 2007 will be the year that we make a big dent in our debts, how we got here is a long story that I will not bore you with, suffice to say that during December we came within two days of having our house repossessed. Not good:eek:

But with help we managed to hang on to the house and are now looking forwards.:D

As a first New Year resolution I will have my SOA sorted and posted by 6th January 07,

Happy new year to everyone and may 2007 bring you all that you wish for yourselves.

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Welcome, and we look forward to reading your SOA.

Make 2007 YOUR year.
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Hi and welcome :hello:
    Sounds like you've got the first step sorted. You'll find loads of help and advice on here. Look forward to reading the SOA in the new year.
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • Kazonline
    Kazonline Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    Well done on hanging in there and good luck for the new year,
    Kaz x
    January '06 Grocery Challenge (4th - 31st) £320.
    Week 1 - £73.99 Week 2 £5.10 (so far :p )
    Someone burst my bubble and I lost the plot so no idea what I spent now... :(I will try to work it out.
    Other Jan :- Petrol £20.41, Clothes £8.50, House £3.
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    welcome!

Love your Signature btw ;)
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • Luna69
    Luna69 Posts: 409 Forumite
    Good for you.. we are doing this too. We've known we've had debt for a long time, which has actually been made a little worse by setting up our own business 2 years ago. It is actually doing well and we love it, but having those debts hanging over us in the first place was not good and are now much worse.. so 2007 is the year we get rid of most if not all of them (bit of a long shot for all, but a start is good).. I'm aiming to do our SOA this week too.
    We do actually have a lot of money due in, it's the waiting for it to reach us is the difficult part as unfortunately our bills, banks, credit cards won't wait for it.

So here's to everyone wanting to be debt free or debt reduced in 2007

Yvonne
  • Hi, I'm in the same boat - going to post our SOA somethime next week. It's one of the best things I ever did - coming on here and even though I haven't completed a SOA yet, I have posted regarding our debts and desperation and been made to feel really welcome and supported. They are a great bunch on here and literally have saved my life. We also went to a reposssion hearing on 15 Dec and it was suspended so know how you feel to some extent.
    Anyway, welcome - you won't regret coming here - I certainly don't - I can't stay away, even if its just reading the posts!!!

Have a Happy New Year, may 2007 be the start of something new for us all xxxx
  • freebird65
    freebird65 Posts: 1,751
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    May I just say welcome to doing it for the family and any other lurkers out there.......post your SOA's, just say hi...whatever you want to do, there are plenty of friendly people ready to help!

Happy New Year!
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just to add to the welcome's. there is always someone who was in a similar boat to you. No one will judge you, though they will tell you where you can save, which you may not always want to hear!

I too have a target this year, which is to save as much as possible, so will be living frugally too.

Best of luck to you all
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Mrs_Sparkle
    Mrs_Sparkle Posts: 1,805 Forumite
    Another welcome from me. You're in the best place for support and I wish you a lot of luck in your debt-free mission!
    Debt at highest May 2006: £27,472.24
    currently: £13,353.25
    DFW Nerd 178
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    I'd like to welcome you as well and look forward to seeing your SOA..you've took the first step..well done
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure