IVA or Bankruptcy

Options
hello, i'm struggling with money at the moment, i have been intouch with National Debtline and i had a lengthy chat with them, done my budget with them and i'm left with £150 per month and thats without payin my creditcards and loan and other stuff. i owe £28000, so i'm considering Bankruptcy, i dont really care about my credit rating, i just want to get out of this hole. can some1 help me and poss point me in the right direction.

Regards

Leighton

Comments

• immoral_angeluk
    Options
    Have you contacted the CCCS or payplan? They'll be able to advise which way would be best for you considering your circumstances..
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • L3ighton
    Options
    thanks for the quick reply,
    No, who are they? what can they do? i feel the best option for me is bankrutcy as it will get rid of all me debt but with an IVA it will take 14 1/2 yrs to pay which is a long time, i just want a quick and easy solution
  • sandralovescats
    Options
    An IVA lasts for a maximum of 5 years/60 months

Your outgoings are taken into account and a repayment set up for you.

Contact Myvesta, Payplan or CCCS.
  • sandralovescats
    Options
    You would make repayments on an IVA for the five years.

In bankruptcy you would possibly have to make repayments for 3 years/36 months on an IPA
  • james32_uk
    james32_uk Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    Options
    To make a sensible IVA offer the OP would need to have around £290 per month to service the IVA agreement. This assumes the OP has no assets and does not own his own home.
    Debt as at 12th July 2006 - £61,345 :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Debt free 21st Oct 2011.

All thanks to :money:
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    can you post your SoA

do you have any assetts...house, car etc if so how much are they worth and how much any mortgage?

will your job be affected by bankruptcy?
  • L3ighton
    Options
    what is a SoA? i have no assetts and no my job wont be affected
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    an SoA stands for statement of affairs and means details of income , spending and debts...presumably the type of information national debtline asked you for. without knowing any details its really impossible to know if bankruptcy is appropriate or not.

see for more detais

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=107280
  • L3ighton
    Options
    yes it was 1 of them, they asked me a load of questions how much for this n that etc etc, and i told them what my income was and my outgoing and they gave me a total of what i had left and that was £150 per month, but they told me that i would pay over a long term but i just looked at 1 website and they said it would be paid in 5 yrs http://www.onestopdebtshop.com/cms/content/6/iva/
  • sandralovescats
    Options
    If you have only £150 left per month you will not be able to do an IVA.

Do you have anything to lose if you went bankrupt?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure