To fix or not to Fix, this is the question

Options
Because of the reported likelyhood of increases in energy bills I've had a look at a number of fixed or capped tariffs for my old dear and I'm not sure what to do, hence the request for advice for those more in the know than me...

Her yearly gas usage: 23206 KWH

Her yearly Elec usage: 4348 KWH

(based on June 2010-June 2011 provided by E.On)

She's currently with E.On SaveOnline 3 tariff, and when I do price comparisons with Moneysupermarket or Energyonline the tariffs that it shows are already 14-20% higher (fixed or 7% higher for regular tariffs).

This makes me think its probably not worth fixing,I could drum into her to be more energy savvy, and that would outweight any increase, either that or am I missing something....?

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    This makes me think its probably not worth fixing,I could drum into her to be more energy savvy, and that would outweight any increase, either that or am I missing something....?

Don't understand the logic of this statement.

Getting someone to be more 'energy savvy' and save money applies whatever tariff you are using. i.e. if she can save, say, 10% on her energy consumption on her present tariff, she would still save 10% on any tariff.

The question of whether to fix or not has been asked on this forum for many years. It was a gamble then and it is a gamble now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure