Egg to Barclaycard transfer a no goer?

Good job I checked that Barclaycard took over the Egg credit Card division. This presumably means it isn't possible to perform a super balance transfer to their long 19 and 24 month 0% card from Egg money?

Replies

• They accepted a transfer from my Egg Money yesterday - it hasn't appeared on either account yet though.
  • Did you do a super balance transfer to credit a bank account whilst debiting the Egg Money card?
  • jamesdjamesd Forumite
    25.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    You can't do a super balance transfer directly to any credit card. Super balance transfer means one directly from a bank account to the card that gets the balance. You're apparently asking about using Egg as a mule.

The withdrawing from Egg after transferring a balance to Barclaycard is just a cash advance, no charge from Egg for that provided your account remains in credit at the end. Since a report yesterday says it's working I'd believe it and proceed.
  • Yes I know the general rules. However not sure if you can get away with performing the balance transfer first which would place the egg money card into credit, then transfering this balance to a bank account to avoid the interest charge.
  • Mine was just a simple transfer, I had a balance on my Egg card and I BT'd it to my Barclaycard.
  • jamesdjamesd Forumite
    25.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    So far reports are that it remains possible to withdraw the balance. From the look of it that will remain true until the cards switch from Egg systems to Barclaycard systems. Have been a few reports of the money laundering team wondering why the account went into a positive balance but no ongoing trouble after explaining.
  • Mine was just a simple transfer, I had a balance on my Egg card and I BT'd it to my Barclaycard.
    Did this successfully go through? I have just been accepted a new barclaycard and hoping they will accept the Egg balance transfer. I have read elsewhere that this isnt possible anymore. I may have to cancel the card if they do not accept the BT and go elsewhere.
    Thanks
  • The transfer was showing on my Egg card this morning :-)
  • edited 2 August 2011 at 4:12PM
    jiminy25jiminy25 Forumite
    2 Posts
    edited 2 August 2011 at 4:12PM
    Good Stuff!!
    I just called Barclaycard and asked the help desk if they do accept BT's from Egg at the moment. They said yes they do accept them... :)
  • GamblerGambler Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I thought Egg no longer allowed positive balances?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals