Primus saver has competition!

Options
Skytalk are now offering free evening and weekend calls to uk landlines.See https://www.sky.com/skytalk

Comments

• hurrah
    hurrah Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    Options
    neil40 wrote:
    Skytalk are now offering free evening and weekend calls to uk landlines.See https://www.sky.com/skytalk

Yes but you have to be a Sky Customer to get it. Where as any BT Customer Line Rental Customer can get the Primus Saver offer.

"You are only eligible to receive Sky Talk while you have an active residential Sky digital subscription. Sky Talk is for your household’s own private domestic use and is not for use for any commercial or business purpose. You can only have Sky Talk on one line in your home. "

They also raise a 3p connection charge for chargeable calls, and operate per minute billing.Primus operate second billing with a min call charge of 4p for chargeable calls.

Short chargeable geographical call with Sky 7p. With Primus 4p.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And notice you need to use a rip off 0870 number to contact them?
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    ..... and the free E&W UK 01/02 calls on Sky Talk (Freetime and Unlimited) are limited (which is a bit strange when the £5/month package is entitled 'Unlimited') to 60 minutes (redial to avoid charges) whereas Primus are 90 minutes.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure