MSE News:

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
5 replies 1.8K views
MSE_GuyMSE_Guy MSE Staff
1.7K posts
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! Chutzpah Haggler
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"The UK's largest credit card firm will allow holders to shift debt to it with no interest charged for two years ..."

Replies

• dtaylor84dtaylor84 Forumite
    648 posts
    What exactly is this supposed to mean? "If you need longer to pay off your debt, the MBNA Rate For Life card gives 0% on balance transfers of 5.9% for life, plus a 1.5% fee."
  • Thanks folks - looks like it was a proofing error, it's being corrected.

For clarity, that card gives 5.9% for life on BTs, for a 1.5% fee.

Cheers
    MSE Web Editor, mainly responsible for looking after, and keeping up-to-date, ‘hard-core’ financial articles such as credit cards, savings and loans.

If you spot a rate change that we haven't already mentioned or added into articles or tips, Please send me a PM about it

Don't miss urgent MoneySaving, hear first by getting Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips
  • TixyTixy Forumite
    31.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect its a typo and should say or rather than of.
    Although I don't think the rate for life card does have a 0% deal. It should really read

....the MBNA Rate For Life card gives balance transfers of 5.9% for life, plus a 1.5% fee."
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • JimmyTheWigJimmyTheWig Forumite
    12.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtaylor84 wrote: »
    What exactly is this supposed to mean? "If you need longer to pay off your debt, the MBNA Rate For Life card gives 0% on balance transfers of 5.9% for life, plus a 1.5% fee."
    It's a misprint, I'd say. Read it as "a low rate" rather than "0%".
  • bigstevexbigstevex Forumite
    858 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just point out its now 24 months not 20, as per the barclaycard website, fee is 2.8% and £20 off balance transfer fee when you transfer over £3000

Copy from site...
    Barclaycard Platinum Credit Card with the UK's longest balance transfer

0% interest on balance transfers for 2 years from account opening (3.2% handling fee applies)
    Plus, refund offer which reduces handling fee to equivalent of 2.8% for everyone
    £20 off your balance transfer fee when you transfer a balance of £3000 or more
    0% interest on purchases for 3 months from account opening
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support