quick question

Options
Hi, i currently have 3k on an egg card and teh 0% introductory offer runs till feb 07, now my problem is, i have 3k in my savings, this was to cover a holiday, should i pay of the card then try and pay as much of the holiday as possible then put the rest on the card when the due date is up? or apply for another 0% card for ballance transfers and transfer teh 3k and pay it of the same way i would pay the holiday of ie as quick as possible and councill the egg card, seems confussing i know sorry!

i currently have two cards one egg, one hsbc the hsbc has £200ish on it and is clearable at anytime.

if anyone can recomend a balance transfer card i would be greatfull, but i really dont like being declined its a personall thing with me haha what are my chances of being declined? i dont think i have ever missed a payment on the two cards

any help advise greatfully recived

Lukese

Comments

• aj3001
    aj3001 Posts: 730 Forumite
    Options
    How about switching to another 0% card, but pay off a large sum, like spend £2k on a holiday, £1k off the card?
  • lukese
    lukese Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    are there certain cards that i will get no questions? well not no questions, but that are known for giving cards out to anyone. like i say i have never had a problem with credit, wel once i got turned down for a phone, but im looking to buy a house next year so dont want anything to risk that.
  • Paul_Herring
    Options
    lukese wrote:
    Hi, i currently have 3k on an egg card and teh 0% introductory offer runs till feb 07, now my problem is, i have 3k in my savings, this was to cover a holiday
    When's the holiday?

You should normally pay the card off with savings since you'll be paying more on interest on the card than you'll be getting on your savings.

You could try to apply for another 0% on purchases card to pay the remainder of the holiday.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family