Urgent guidance please , simple question

Options
HELP please , i am claiming bank charges back from Barclays Bank and have sent the 1st letter to them asking for monies back from them , they have replied stating basically no to my request surprise surprise , so i am just typing the letter telling them they have 7 days before i go to court , my problem is i just noticed on the board that i cannot claim " account fees " , which means my initial request on my 1st letter to the bank is incorrect , can someone tell me if i should amend the letter in terms of what i am requesting in money on the letter i am about to send or should i leave it the same as the 1st letter . thankyou so much for your help .

Comments

• hairyantelope
    Options
    A couple of points.

It is generally recommended that you should give the banks 28 days to sort things out with you. They won't of course, but it's best to keep to that timetable, just in case it ever does get to court, then it will show the judge that you have been reasonable and fair.

Until yo make your claim with moneyclaim online or at the court itself, you can make any necessary adjustments, so feel free to change the amount.

Hope that helps.

• Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    You are right with the 7 days time scale on the 2nd letter that you have sent. Its only after you are at the MoneyClaim stage that 28 days comes into play.

VICTORY. The claim’s acknowledged but there’s no defence. Banks have 14 days to acknowledge a claim, if that’s done they have a further 14 days to respond and enter a defence. Commonly they do an acknowledgement, but no defence is entered. Again this means you win, though this time after 28 days. At that point, immediately request a ‘judgment by default’, this can be done online.

I wouldn't worry too much about the amounts at this stage, unless its a lot of money that you have made a mistake with but you must be accurate with your claim when you start with Moneyclaim.
  • jenkers
    jenkers Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    thankyou both for your replies , i am already at court stage against nationwide and am also taking Barclays along the same route and that was the reason i asked before i file a claim against them , with my nationwide claim i have a notice of issue which says claim was issued 19.12.06 , it will be deemed to be served on 24.12.06 , it then states the defendant has until 07.01.07 to reply , so it seems to me that if they have until 07.01.07 to reply and they dont i can then ask moneyclaim online to enter judgement by default on 07.01.07 because they havent responded , am i right in thinking this and if so is that the end of things as far as i am concerned , is it time to put the feet up and wait ?? , also on moneyclaim onlines website my claim has " start " against it , does this change according to what is happening at the other end and is it just a matter of me keeping an eye on it every day and waiting until 07.01.07 to ask for judgement , thanks so much to anyone who can help , i am starting to panic a bit , little old me taking one bank on is bad enough but two is scary , HELP !! :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure