🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Vehicle Licence Stamps

Options
Curry_Queen
Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
I've just found a savings card containing £30 worth of stamps that I previously bought to spread the cost of car tax but I don't have a car anymore, and it's unlikely I'll have one in the near future, so these stamps are of no use to me really. I phoned my local PO to ask if they would refund them but they said no :(

Does anyone know if it's possible to get my money back on them and if so, who would I contact about it?

Cheers :)
"An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
~
It is that what you do, good or bad,
will come back to you three times as strong!

Comments

• toozie_2
    toozie_2 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Take the stamps into your nearest DVLA Local Office (there are 40 offices around the country-mostly in cities or towns) with a covering letter asking for a full refund.

The stamps will be sent in internal mail to DVLA Swansea and a refund issued from there, this is sent to you directly after about 4 to 6 weeks.

I would ask for a receipt that the stamps have been handed in!
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family