Court Action - your help needed

Options
I noticed that my court application had been acknowledged by the Halifax thereby extending the 14 day deadline to 28 days.

2 days later I received an offer from the Halifax equating to 33% of my total claim, which I have no intention of accepting.

Is one option simply ignore this letter and wait for the end of the 28 day period or do I write to the Halifax advising that I have rejected their offer in the hope that they will settle in either case do I need to advise the court that I have received an offer but am unwilling to accept it.

Any advise would be appreciated and what do you think is the best course of action.

Nice1

Bobbin

Comments

• roger56
    roger56 Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, it would be sensible to reject in writing to the Claimant.

As for the Court, read here:
    http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/claims/dispute/index.htm
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    3rd option is to write back accepting their offer as part payment but in the meantime you are proceeding to court for the rest :)
  • chuckles1066
    Options
    Bobbin_Ed wrote:
    I noticed that my court application had been acknowledged by the Halifax thereby extending the 14 day deadline to 28 days.

2 days later I received an offer from the Halifax equating to 33% of my total claim, which I have no intention of accepting.

Is one option simply ignore this letter and wait for the end of the 28 day period or do I write to the Halifax advising that I have rejected their offer in the hope that they will settle in either case do I need to advise the court that I have received an offer but am unwilling to accept it.

Any advise would be appreciated and what do you think is the best course of action.

Nice1

Bobbin

Write back to them rejecting their offer and cc the Court in.

You should *always* copy the Court in on any correspondence you send to the Defendant.
    You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky

Any advice that you receive from me is worth exactly what you paid for it. Not a penny more or a penny less.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure