Egg - Next move?

Dear All,

I am coming to the end of my 6 month interest free on purchases deal with my Egg Card (not Egg Money), which I have been using as a slow stooze method.

I have just over £6k amassed on it. The six month period ends at the beginning of Feb.

I also have a Sainsbury's Advantage card on its way - don't know what the credit limited will be. Plus, I am currently stoozing on a Norwich and Pete card (approx £5k).

Now - do I give Egg a call and see if they will be willing to extend the 0% deal for me? My credit limit with them is £12k, but as I say, have £6k on it.

Or do I use the forthcoming Sainsbury card to BT to Egg?

Or do I apply for another card now? The Sainsbury card was applied for a couple of weeks ago. The Norwich and Pete card back in Oct.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated !

cheers,

Comments

• thesaint
    thesaint Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi hammerwood,
    It is always recommended to approach your current card issuer to find out what they will offer, at least you know what you are comparing with. New cards nearly always have better offers, so don't be surprised if they beat it. Remember to include BT fees on the new card when comparing. Obviously, the old card won't have this extra cost.
    Well life is harsh, hug me don't reject me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure