Comet, price match

Options
I found a laptop on the Comet website on the 16th Dec for £849, (instore price £999.)

So I rung customer services, they reserved one in my local store at the web price and said I could pick after an hour.

I did and got £150 off!

I noticed today it has dropped to £799 on their website, now £849 instore. So I rung them again, they said as it is within the 14 price match window I can go back to the store and get the £50 tomorrow morning, they even put me through to the store and gave me the name of the person to contact when I go in.

Result, I was ready to beg or lie, even buy another and return it as the origial unopened, to get the new price but they had no problem with refunding me the differance, price matching their own price.

If it wasn't for this website and my new found love for my rights I would have paid £999 instore, maybe £850 from the web and waited for delivery after Xmas. I saved £200 all in all, and got a very nice laptop worth the full £999.

I think anything is worth a try these days, I got Kwik Fit to knock 10% of a tire this morning by telling them Renault would be cheaper!

Harry Potter, Computer Wizzard.
:money:
Harry Potter, Computer Wizard.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand Binary and those that don't! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure