EDF - Annual bill for DD customers?

Options
paulfoel
paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
My account is now £600+ in credit since I moved to them 6 months ago. I can login to my account and see no bills.

I asked EDF and they said they only bill annually. Eh? What happened to good old bills every quarter?
Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j

Comments

• WestonDave
    WestonDave Posts: 5,154 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I've noticed at work that EDF seem to have a different system whereby they calculated the charges annually but you make monthly or quarterly payments on account. Not sure of the pros and cons of this - if they are taking too much or too little its harder to spot as you go along, but on the other hand it might be clearer to the "but XYZ said my direct debit was only £50 per month how come they want £300 arrears" mob who don't understand the difference between charges and payments.
    Adventure before Dementia!
  • paulfoel
    Options
    WestonDave wrote: »
    I've noticed at work that EDF seem to have a different system whereby they calculated the charges annually but you make monthly or quarterly payments on account. Not sure of the pros and cons of this - if they are taking too much or too little its harder to spot as you go along, but on the other hand it might be clearer to the "but XYZ said my direct debit was only £50 per month how come they want £300 arrears" mob who don't understand the difference between charges and payments.

Yeh. I'd rather see how I'm using on a quarterly basis to be honest.
  • Bark01
    Bark01 Posts: 882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They only bill you when you submit a meter reading it eliminates inaccurate estimated reads. If you don't give them a read then they will do an annual estimate.

If you want 1/4 bills submit a reading every 3 months.

There iphone app works pretty well for this, but i don't think there is an Android app.
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just emailed the same question. I have submitted readings several times but still not had a bill so the annual bill would explain it.
    Must enter figures tonight as OS7 goes up tomorrow.
  • paulfoel
    Options
    Bark01 wrote: »
    They only bill you when you submit a meter reading it eliminates inaccurate estimated reads. If you don't give them a read then they will do an annual estimate.

If you want 1/4 bills submit a reading every 3 months.

There iphone app works pretty well for this, but i don't think there is an Android app.

So I can manually submit a reading whenever I want?
  • paulfoel
    Options
    busybee100 wrote: »
    Just emailed the same question. I have submitted readings several times but still not had a bill so the annual bill would explain it.
    Must enter figures tonight as OS7 goes up tomorrow.

Theres a point. If they only check your meter once a year and bill you then, how do they know how much you used at a lower rate and how much at higher rate?
  • Bark01
    Bark01 Posts: 882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think so I get a bill a couple of days after i submit a read and I usually do this every 2-4 months.
  • bondy01
    bondy01 Posts: 400 Forumite
    Options
    paulfoel wrote: »
    Theres a point. If they only check your meter once a year and bill you then, how do they know how much you used at a lower rate and how much at higher rate?

They have always done it pro rata with mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure