What British Gas tariff is cheapest now?

Options
movilogo
movilogo Posts: 3,186 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
I was on British Gas (gas only) Click Energy 6 tariff before which ended on 1st June 2011. Now I'm on Standard Tariff.

Which BG tariff is cheapest as of now?

Their website is so confusing. :mad:
Happiness is buying an item and then not checking its price after a month to discover it was reduced further.

Comments

• TIMMY85
    TIMMY85 Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    Websaver 12
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not really that confusing-their website states for Websaver 12 that 'this is our cheapest available tariff'.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Lulu_rocks
    Options
    Hi,

I'm on Websaver9 tariff - should I be switching to the websaver12 or sticking to the one I'm on?

I agree with movilogo - knowing which is the best tariff is confusing and difficult to get at the information

Thanks
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You short work out your annual consumption and use a comparison site to find the best tariff for your circumstances.
    You may feel some loyalty/inertia regarding switching but the relationship is one sided.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • michelleac
    Options
    My fixed tariff with British Gas is due to be renewed in September, after their price rises which are due to take effect from August. Should I agree to fixing again when it renews in Sept, even though I imagine i'll be affected by the rises? They have just sent me a letter asking me if I want to fix again....?
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 July 2011 at 9:15AM
    Options
    The only fixed BG tariff (Price Promise March 2013) is already priced to reflect the August increase-it's 5% above the new Standard tariff rates, so around 25% above current prices.
    So either hope that a better fix is still available in 2 months (unlikely) or pay the ETC and bail out now for the cheaper nPower or EDF fixes before they are pulled.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • fannyvart
    fannyvart Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    Not really that confusing-their website states for Websaver 12 that 'this is our cheapest available tariff'.
    :rotfl: Brilliant!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport