c/c question

Options
I went to use my Mastercard the other day, to guarantee a cheque, and found out too late that my pin was blocked. As I don't use the holes in wall I queried it with Lloyds tsb and the answer I got was that it had been blocked as a security feature. It seems that as I had only used it as a guarantee card and online purchases I had not used it enough??? It seems that I must use the hole in the wall or for high street purchases for it to continue without going to an ATM to unblock the pin. What is this all about? I was lucky that I had another card I could use or I would have been in the mire with no grub for Xmas. I feel I to ransome just because I can only get into town rarely.
I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.

Comments

• dangeroussports
    Options
    That is interesting. Hmmm....keep us posted, yes.
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Options
    Mine were blocked by Barclays because I had on my CC account with Orange PAYG I entered my passcode for Orange (not my cards code - my Orange acc code which has this CC associated with it.) incorrectly, Then I found that my Barclays CC had been blocked

I also have a Barclays debit connect card which also got blocked for some reason I don't recall. Probably an incorrect PIN entry somewhere.

I don't use either card very much so it was along time before I went to an ATM to unlock them, they both work fine now.

It sounds really annoying for them to block yours just cos you don't use it very much! I would be asking them not to block it again once you have unlocked it.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Have no fear I have done. I thought originally that someone had tried to use my card but did not have the correct pin but was surprised when they told me no, it was a secutirty thing. Its not as if I'd bought something of great value recently which was out of my normal usage, I'd have expected a query then.
    I've now got to find the time to go into town and sort it out in the ATM. I think I'll ask for a different pin number just in case.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure