GAME Student discount!?!?!

Options
Right then.. though GAME Stores dont do student discount on hardware they do on all software...

So when I buy an Xbox 360 with loads of games the games can get discounted (which they did in Stafford)

However I recently went to a store in Carlisle to buy several games.. at the checkout (manager serving me too!) I was told "GAME don't do student discount".

So I said "errr what? Yes you do...." in which he said "no we never have..."

So then I carried on "I recently bought an xbox 360 with loads of games, every one getting 10% discounted. Even said on the receipt "Student Discount"!"

He then changed his tone and said "Well they do it in London..." So then I said "Err this was from Stafford.. not exactly a major city!".. He told me "In the north we don't do it".

At this I simply paid and left.. I know it was only for £7 in total (2 games at £35) but thats still £7!! On a boring day £7 can be put to a lot of good use and even wasted on football betting!

Either way what the hell was that all about?!??!! Should i put up a fuss and ring head office? Has anyone experienced anything similar? I looked like an idiot in front of 20 people casually saying "oh and studnet discount please" and him saying "we don't do it...." and then me arguing :S:S:S
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
[/FONT]

Comments

• looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    in the north they do!

the manager is talking out of his rear end.

as long as you have a game card and valid proof that you are student union card you get 10% off (although some stores will only give it off pc software) phone game customer services and they will advise you of the discount policy

edited to say,

I worked in game in a very northern university city and we sold LOADS of loyalty card to students on the 10% promise alone
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    lol thanks very much for that.. I'm going to ring up head office today and have a go... that's ridiculous that he can embarrass me like that in front of everyone and get away with it! ARGH very very angry. What a !!!!!! (scuse me)
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    [/FONT]
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    Ok wrote them a letter of complaint.. lets see what the reply is.. here's the letter:

Hi there.

I recently visited the store in Carlisle on Tuesday the 26th of December to buy several games from the main GAME store.

It was rather busy, and when I asked for student discount showing my student card, the manager who was serving me at the time told me that GAME have never done student discount.

I replied telling him I have received it elsewhere and he told me only London do it. I then told him it was actually Stafford where I got it from, hardly near London!!!

He then went on to say the North don't do studnet discount. I spoke to various people on a consumer forum and found out that GAME stores in the north DO do student discount!

So the point of this email..
    1) To complain about the GAME Store OR the manager in carlisle (depending on who's fault it is there is no consistent discount scheme...)

2) To receive the discount I should have received. It would have been £7 which I know isn't massive amounts of money, but for a student at Christmas I need everything I can get!

Please get back to me ASAP as I'm very unhappy on this matter.

Thanks

Joshua Sugarman
    [/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family