NEW: Got questions about energy? Put them to Gary and Andrew from MSE's Utilities team during our energy-themed 'Ask An Expert' event. Check back here from Tuesday 9 August, 12pm

Welcome Finance

Hi there everyone. This feels very strange as i've been reading posts on here for what seems like ever!! So let me take small steps and start with what i feel is my biggest money problem as of today!! What do people know about Welcome Finance?? I have a loan with these guys and after struggling and falling behind for a while seem tobe (touch wood) getting back on track. HOWEVER I am sure I have had PPI on these loans (1 topped up another and another). Same old same old...you need this to get the loan blah blah blah. I have asthma which I have had from being a baby something they never asked about. I'm going on and covering nothing so what I'm trying to ask is. Do you guys think I have a claim?? I've read on here that they are sending claim forms out to everyone if loan after 2005 but I've not heard anything yet?! I'm in arrears with these guys and know anything I could/would get back would go towards my loan but that's no bad thing. Anyway I'm waffling so if anybody got any advise for me please please please let me know :)

Replies

• edited 10 July 2011 at 9:15PM
    gilligansylegilligansyle Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    edited 10 July 2011 at 9:15PM
    Hi there everyone. This feels very strange as i've been reading posts on here for what seems like ever!! So let me take small steps and start with what i feel is my biggest money problem as of today!! What do people know about Welcome Finance?? I have a loan with these guys and after struggling and falling behind for a while seem tobe (touch wood) getting back on track. HOWEVER I am sure I have had PPI on these loans (1 topped up another and another). Same old same old...you need this to get the loan blah blah blah. I have asthma which I have had from being a baby something they never asked about. I'm going on and covering nothing so what I'm trying to ask is. Do you guys think I have a claim?? I've read on here that they are sending claim forms out to everyone if loan after 2005 but I've not heard anything yet?! I'm in arrears with these guys and know anything I could/would get back would go towards my loan but that's no bad thing. Anyway I'm waffling so if anybody got any advise for me please please please let me know
    You may want to change the font as it was quite difficult to read. There is a thread about reclaiming PPI, so you may get a better response on there.

As Welcome Finance are now closed to new business, any PPI claims are being dealt with by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Welcome automatically added it to loans without checking circumstances.
    They are writing to everyone, but it won't hurt to pre-empt them.
    Debts at LBM - Mortgages £128497 - non mortgage £27497 Debt now £[STRIKE]114150[/STRIKE][STRIKE]109032[/STRIKE] 64300 (mortgage) Credit cards left 0

"The days pass so fast, let's try to make each one better than the last"
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Homes, hornets & high heels

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Kids eat for 'free' or £1 this summer

Little ones can enjoy hot meals for less

MSE Deals