how does the Santander esaver work?

Options
Hi
I'm interested in finding a home for my LTSB vantage account money and have seen the Santander esaver.
I am not a current santander customer, so if i open an esaver account how do i get money in and out of the account if it is only online.It does not mention having to open a branch based current account.
4kWp, South facing, 16 x phono solar panels, Solis inverter, Lincolnshire.

Comments

• atypical
    atypical Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    Options
    You transfer money in and out to a linked current account which can be with any bank. If your bank supports Faster Payments these transfers will happen instantly (when Santander has their Faster Payments up and running).
  • td_007
    td_007 Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ajbell wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm interested in finding a home for my LTSB vantage account money and have seen the Santander esaver.
    I am not a current santander customer, so if i open an esaver account how do i get money in and out of the account if it is only online.It does not mention having to open a branch based current account.

Why don't you call LTSB and ask to open an incentive saver account that pays the same interest rate for 12 month?
  • ajbell
    ajbell Posts: 1,151 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2011 at 7:17PM
    Options
    Can i do that?. Do i have to ring them?. Is the incentive saver instant access?.
  • bigfreddiel
    bigfreddiel Posts: 4,263 Forumite
    Options
    td_007 wrote: »
    Why don't you call LTSB and ask to open an incentive saver account that pays the same interest rate for 12 month?
    i did that - its only 2.75%
  • td_007
    Options
    Can i do that?. Do i have to ring them?. Is the incentive saver instant access?.

Yes...give them a call on 08007310242 and request to have a Incentive Saver a/c opened - it pays 3% Gross or 2.96% AER. This was offered to some folks via a letter but others who had Vantage accounts and not offered the account were able to open them over phone.
  • td_007
    edited 10 July 2011 at 10:14PM
    Options
    i did that - its only 2.75%

That is the standard account. The "new" Incentive Saver account (3%) was offered as the higher band of Vantage account was withdrawn.
  • ajbell
    ajbell Posts: 1,151 Forumite
    Options
    is it instant access?. The 12 months sounds like a bond
  • Stalkdog
    Stalkdog Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    Why not open a Santander Current Account? Pays £100 if you switch, and then 5% AER for 12 months up to £2500. You can open 2, so could have £5000 paying 5%, with instant access
  • atypical
    atypical Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    Options
    is it instant access?. The 12 months sounds like a bond
    It is instant access. The 12 months is just how long the rate is guaranteed for.
  • td_007
    Options
    Stalkdog wrote: »
    Why not open a Santander Current Account? Pays £100 if you switch, and then 5% AER for 12 months up to £2500. You can open 2, so could have £5000 paying 5%, with instant access

Only watchout is the need to circulate £1000 from an external account every month to get the 5% rate...I do this with the 3 accounts I have and also have a eSaver where I sweep the interest every month. With recent upgrade to FP for standing orders this is not as bad as before when you had to wait 3-4 days for money to come back from Santander.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure