Best credit card with online management?

Options
I currently have M&S &More and Egg credit cards.

I really need to be able, at the least, to view my transactions online, and this means that the M&S card will get the heave-ho (I know they are taking email addresses to notify customers of forthcoming online banking, but frankly that could be a month or a year away).

Egg can be managed online, but I have had it a while, and so no great benefits from using it.

I either want a card with long 0% offer on purchases, or cashback on spending, and online management. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Comments

• ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A & L is the card I use and find it works OK online
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • aj3001
    aj3001 Posts: 730 Forumite
    Options
    NW online banking I have found disappointing

I have a HSBC debit card, and assume the OB will be the same and that is good also.

As for reward cards, my Morgan Stanley Platinum card (3% cashback as intro offer,then 1%, and 3.9% on BTs) the OB is also very impressive however does not work using Opera as a browser, not sure how much of an issue this would be for you

EDIT: Just a quick note, smile.co.uk is an online bank, so I would assume their online banking is good

Also, some banks do demos, for example Halifax: http://www.halifax.co.uk/aboutonline/demos.shtml
  • lizzyb1812
    lizzyb1812 Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    Options
    I have an Egg card and like the online management - I have just go an Egg Money card which gives 1% cashback on all transactions (max cashback per year £200) Sorry don't know about balance transfers etc.

lizzyb
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain." ~ Vivian Greene
  • Gordon_the_Moron
    Options
    aj3001 wrote:
    NW online banking I have found disappointing

I have a HSBC debit card, and assume the OB will be the same and that is good also.

As for reward cards, my Morgan Stanley Platinum card (3% cashback as intro offer,then 1%, and 3.9% on BTs) the OB is also very impressive however does not work using Opera as a browser, not sure how much of an issue this would be for you

EDIT: Just a quick note, smile.co.uk is an online bank, so I would assume their online banking is good

Also, some banks do demos, for example Halifax: http://www.halifax.co.uk/aboutonline/demos.shtml

By NW do you mean Natwest or Nationwide? I think they both have excellent online banking and both offer 9 months 0% on new purchases.

:xmassmile DA MORON :xmassmile
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • mrmajika
    mrmajika Posts: 986 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Most cards have online management of some sort, whereby you can see your transactions online.

You say you are looking for either a long 0% on purchases or a cashback card. Most of the top players have online access to transactions. It really depends on what you need as 0% and cashback would be used for completely different reasons.

Egg money is a good cashback card with online management.
    Whilst my posts do not constitute financial advice, I am always, without fail, 100% right! :D
  • aj3001
    aj3001 Posts: 730 Forumite
    Options
    By NW do you mean Natwest or Nationwide? I think they both have excellent online banking and both offer 9 months 0% on new purchases.

:xmassmile DA MORON :xmassmile

Sorry, Nationwide
  • CopperPlate_2
    Options
    smile is good. Reasonable but no offers on balance transfers. Cashback on classic card at rate of 0.5%.

Morgan Stanley is my current choice. 3% cashback on first £2000, thereafter 1.5% on spend until April 07 when it reverts to 1% on first £2000 and 0.5% on all spend above this up to max of £20,000 spend per year; v good online site allowing bill payment by EFT (only bugbear is that they only allow one EFT transaction per day) and clearly set out transactions. Also get a paper statement as well which is handy for ID purposes later on. Reasonable LOB transfer rate as well at 3.9% I think it is.
  • techno_geek
    Options
    HSBC online banking is good for viewing transactions, your credit limit, and details of your last statement, payments due etc, and switching between online and paper statements... you have to call them to increase your credit limit.

Halifax is largely the same, but possibly with a clearer layout. You can request a credit limit increase online.

Barclaycard's online management is poor IMHO - you can see current transactions, but once your statement is produced you can't see those previous transactions.

MBNA's online card management is excellent - you can do everything, including request a limit increase and change your address etc. Note this only applies to MBNA-branded cards AFAIK - MBNA-managed cards like Virgin and Abbey use their respective online banking sites.
  • Coveredinbees!!!!
    Options
    I had sainsburys bank card and the online thing was OK as long as you could remember half a dozen passwords as you had to do this to get in to the account . I never could and kept getting locked out of the online account. I gave up in the end but the 0% is up now and the card canceled.
    Nothing to see here, move along.
  • Redbedhead
    Redbedhead Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    Options
    Morgan Stanley. Can do most things on line, including looking at transactions, plus you get cashback.
    MFIT No. 81
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport