RSPCA and cat

Options

Comments

• Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    D3lphine3 wrote: »
    They wouldn't spay her because they thought she was still feeding her kittens.

We never removed her from the house, we told the RSPCA that there were no more kittens other than the 5 original ones. And that we had made sure she was being kept indoors so that she had little/no chance of coming into contact with any of the Tom cats in the area

Maybe I am thinking of the wrong thread? :o I thought the queen was coming and going and the kittens were over eight weeks old.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • D3lphine3
    D3lphine3 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    We weren't sure of how old the kittens were so they told us not to do anything until they'd been removed.

We took it upon ourselves to keep her in, in the middle of this week had a holiday booked so made sure the neighbours were able to go into the house and feed her, rather than feed her outside like they had been.

I think the remaining kittens were removed on Wednesday or Thursday of last week.
  • puddy
    puddy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    Options
    i dont understand this sort of thing, we re homed a cat last year from the rspca and she was 5, probably 6 now. all the cats we saw when we went to visit were adults and the day we took ours home, another family were taking another cat we liked the look of home and he was about 7 or so we were told

we werent shown any kittens at all, which didnt bother us because we wanted an adult cat
  • D3lphine3
    Options
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Good news update!

Have spoken to the RSPCA officer that is dealing with the case and he says that she is currently in a boarding house with the kittens in Newport.

Nothing can happen at the moment until the owner decides to sign them over.

So hopefully things are looking up for the mummy :D
    [/FONT]
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    That is fantastic news (for now) hopefully the owner will do the right thing & give them the chance of a more loving home!
  • D3lphine3
    Options
    The officer has said that they are looking at prosecuting him and seizing his remaining 2 cats as well.

He will contact me once everything is sorted to let me know what will be happening to Mummy and possibly giving me the option of having her
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    That's great! Glad things are looking up for "mommy" - before I started reading forums I had no idea how many animals the RSPCA pts, it's appalling.

I'd just like to say that the SSPCA are much better and don't put healthy animals pts, thank goodness.
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    That's great! Glad things are looking up for "mommy" - before I started reading forums I had no idea how many animals the RSPCA pts, it's appalling.

I'd just like to say that the SSPCA are much better and don't put healthy animals pts, thank goodness.

The USPCA aren't.I reported a dog to them that was owned by a couple wino's.The dog was looking out of what was left of the glass windows in the house as the wino's had done a bunk.
    I was told to call the RUC & they (USPCA) were too busy & Belfast was too far away for them...
  • covcats
    covcats Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    olias wrote: »
    Whilst I myself have issues with a lot of the ways in which the RSPCA work, nevertheless they also do a lot of good works.

I feel that your last comment gives an impression of you having an agenda of your own to your replies, rather than them being for the benefit of the OP.

Olias

not at all. no agenda. trying to write a balanced reply, don't want to slate the rspca but there are areas they could do better. I do hear a lot of instances of things like this happening, don't know how you get your info about them, but perhaps being in rescue I have different sources to you...
    (no reply necessary , just replying to your comment)
  • lapetiteanglaise
    Options
    Am I being really naive? I thought the RSPCA didn't pts animals? That's what it says on my local rescue centre's website....well, it says they don't put 'healthy animals' to sleep.
    I am shocked! Surely it's not true?!
    Great news though OP - fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family