question for Eon Rep

Options
ih8stress
ih8stress Posts: 1,933 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
I'm in the middle of transferring from Eon to EDF but now having doubts (see my post #27) and wonder if you can answer me on this please

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3285770&page=2

Thanks

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi ih8stress

Depends exactly where you are in the transfer process. I know the cooling off period is over as far as EDF are concerned but it depends on when they actually request the account.

There's also a period where losing suppliers can dispute switches.

If your account hasn't started to leave yet, it's possible the switch can be stopped. In which case, there will be no interruption to your current agreement.

Sorry this is a bit vague ih8stress but difficult to see where your switch is. Best thing is to give us a call so we can see the options available.

Give me a shout if I can help further but please be aware both Helena and myself are out of the office now until Monday.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ih8stress
    Options
    Thanks Malc. Gave them a ring but unfortunately my switch is too far gone so it looks like goodbye from me. Only option is to see how it goes with EDF but even if I came back after 28 days with them I take it I wouldn't be able to get my old tariff back?

(I'm annoyed that the comparison sites said that EDF customer service was good too - saw the threads on here about them too late. Never mind).
  • Airmike23
    Airmike23 Posts: 403 Forumite
    Options
    Eon winback is 0800 051 1626 who will deal with returning account to Eon if that ius what you decide. You can make an agreement to change suppliers whenever you wish. It is never too late as such. You will have had the "Sorry you're leaving", letter from Eon by now, unfortunately the wording of that letter does often leave the customer with the impression you can just cancel the agreement with the new supplier and get no bill, which as you are aware is not the case due to the 28 day contract with a domestic energy company. If you do want to stay with Eon your supply will join edf on the already agreed dates, you will be billed from those dates, until about the 15-20th August if you call Eon in the next few days asking them to retain your account. Fixed Saver 2 does have a cancellation charge, but even with an increase Save Online 3 will probably be chepaer than that tariff, or can fix or cap with Age UK April 2013, or Fixed Price July 2013.
  • ih8stress
    Options
    Airmike23 wrote: »
    Eon winback is 0800 051 1626 who will deal with returning account to Eon if that is what you decide. The guy I spoke to yesterday (Mark) on the 056.... number said I could speak to him again if I wanted to come back. Does this other department have more choice, clout? I also have a £70 edf termination charge to add to the equation now:( Fixed Saver 2 does have a cancellation charge, but even with an increase Save Online 3 will probably be cheaper than that tariff, or can fix or cap with Age UK April 2013, or Fixed Price July 2013.

I've not heard of the Fixed Saver 2, do you have further details please? The only alternative tariffs I could see were Age Uk, Track n Save, Fixed Price 5, Saveonline8 and Energyplan.

So I would be able to go back onto Saveonline3? Though the price of this could change before it ended in November if/when prices go up?
  • stressedoutmum
    stressedoutmum Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Options
    I'm currently on eon save online2 which expires at end of August and I've had a look at my options. The only ones coming up for me are EON Fixed Price 5, EON Energy Online or EON Save Online 8 and now I'm not sure whether to change or not. What happens if I don't change, will my online2 carry on after 31 August? Thanks for your help.
  • foreversummer
    Options
    Would appreciate a reply from eon. I have been with them for at least the last eight years but looks to me as if I would be better off with EDF all things considered. You will not be able to stay on Saveronline 2 as this is closing.

Foreversummer
  • Airmike23
    Options
    ih8stress - yes you can go back on save online 3 if that is the tariff you left eon on or any of the other tariffs that rae available now, to be fair none are cheaper, but the fixed rate may be a plus going forward, but to be fair all it will do is give you the price increase early. Fixed Saver 2 with edf is a short term fix until 30-9-2012 but in the current market competitively priced with benefit of a fixed rate.

Foreversummer, with Saveonline 2 ending 31st august, you've got less options with Eon. They are Save Online 8 (variable and but currently eon's cheapest deal). Age Uk online and and age uk paper billing (both variable), or Fixed Price 5 offers a fixed rate until 1-7-2013.
  • ih8stress
    Options
    Thanks, Airmike23. I thought you meant an Eon tariff when you quoted Fixed Saver 2, didn't know you were referring to the EDF one.
    As my swap is almost complete it would cost me £70 cancellation fee to either go back to the cheaper Saveonline3 until November (which will rise anyway when prices go up) or much dearer Fixed Price 5 with Eon so it's not worth doing really.

How many others would have stayed with Eon though if their fixed price had been more competitive? I have read of quite a few reluctant defectors on here.
  • ih8stress
    Options
    Frustratingly just had another letter from Eon today, saying sorry I am leaving, they haven't heard from me (which is wrong as I phoned after the first letter) and reminding me how easy it is to stay with them (also not completely right as when I phoned it was already too late for me to stay). Perhaps they mean to say return instead?

So, I tried looking at the website to see if any new, fixed deals were available and it is down 'for maintenance' at the moment. Wonder if this means they are about to launch new prices/tariffs?
  • Airmike23
    Options
    Not as far as I'm aware Age Uk Fixed Price July 2013, no cancellation charge, and Fixed Price 5 until 1-7-13 (no cnax charge) are both still available. It is a pain in the butt ins ome ways if you decide against the supply change but as I mentioned earlier, Eon will honour the tariff you left them on if you return within 90 days of leaving them, or you can opt for one of the current range of tariffs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure