What are my rights?

Options
Hi

I bought a mobile phone (sim free) from The Carphone Warehouse in march and recently it developed a fault with the screen.

I checked online for their express repair centre and the closest to me was Cribbs Causeway in Bristol (a 30 min drive). I phoned them and explained that I had a Blackberry that needed repair and they said just to come in. As soon as I got in the store they told me they couldn't repair Blackberry's in store and had to send it off.

I checked online on the 30th June and it said that it was ready for collection, the next day I also had a voicemail message from them saying that the phone was ready to collect. I went that evening and was told the phone wasn't there and that there system 'always does this' and books them in on the day of despatch.

I phoned then today (4th July) to ask if it was ready and they said it was. I collected the phone which they had exchanged as they couldnt repair and checked it over and put my sim in it and left. When I got to the car I tried to phone my wife to tell her I was on my way home and it said 'service currently unavailable' I put my sim back in my old phone and it worked, I tried it again and it said the same thing. I took it back in the store and they had a look and checked something on their system. They said the phone was a refurbished phone but for some reason it had been blocked, which they said was most likely the phone had originally been stolen and then blocked!! After a lot of messing around they said they didn't have my phone in stock at the repair centre and offered me a white version, and a different phone, neither of which I want, I told them I wanted the same as my original phone. They Said they would check tomorrow but if not the phone would have to go back again to be exchanged by Blackberry and would take another 2-3 weeks.

At this point I asked them to give me a new phone from the store which they said they couldnt do, so I asked for a full refund and again they refused. I have left it at the moment that they are going to try and find me a phone exactly the same as mine in their repairs warehouse.

I am fed up with their service and would just like a refund or a new phone.

Sorry for such a long post, but could someone please help me out with what my rights are

Thanks in advance
Ian

Comments

• mo786uk
    mo786uk Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Options
    Supply of Goods and Services Act - do some research on it.

If they have lost your phone and caused you a lot of hassle then I think you are entitled to a phone in the same condition as your old one plus somethign extra = i.e a new phone.

See what Backberry offer, as they are more likely to send a new one IMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure