Is it possible for me to get my deposit back ?

Options
Dellers
Dellers Posts: 204 Forumite
edited 4 July 2011 at 3:31PM in Consumer rights
I booked a function room in a hotel this morning with a deposit of £100 to secure the room for the date. After hanging up from the hotel I called my husband to tell him then he informed me that he has also booked a room in a different hotel. So I called the hotel that I booked with straight away but now they are refusing to issue a refund on my card for the room . It was literally 15 minutes between the first call I made to the hotel to the cancellation call. Should I get my money back on it ???? :( the date for the function room is in November and in 15 minutes it would not be booked already. I didnt mean booked already i mean that they would have turned someone else down for my booking

Comments

• Outpost
    Outpost Posts: 1,720 Forumite
    Options
    Dellers wrote: »
    ... and in 15 minutes it would not be booked already.
    But you don't know that do you? :)
    :cool:
  • Dellers
    Options
    Its highly unlikely as she told me they only release bookings a month before for the rooms but she made an exception for me since I am a regular at the hotel .
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Write a polite letter to the hotel manager explaining what happened, and ask him/her that as you are a regular guest at their hotel if they would consider refunding your deposit.

You never know, you might catch them on a good day.
  • Dellers
    Options
    I have sent an E-mail to the manager explaining the situation. I sent this after I spoke to the woman that took the reservation for me so hopefully it will do some good me sending it .
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yep, not obligated to but goodwill might see some or all of it refunded...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure