Intangible items

Options
I recently paid for a website service through Paypal. The service was poor and they did not supply a site design that met my criteria. I opened a dispute with Paypal then escalated it to a claim. They refused to refund as it was an intangible item and it is stated as such in their terms. So what I want to know is if there is another avenue to pursue to get my money back. I have had no contact from the company for days and they have done nothing further to the site and i have reverted to my old site. I have all emails as well as some screenshots of drafts they done.

Any advise would be a great help.

Thanks

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Clearly you are going to get no help from Paypal, so it looks like small claims court.

Have you a real address for this service provider?

You will need to write a real letter to him, stating what you expect him to do, and when you expect it to be done.
    Advise him that if he does not do that within say 14 days, you will take it to the Small Claims Court.

Have a look at the thread entitled READ ME FIRST PLEASE . . . Useful links, Resources and FAQs.

In there you will find links to sample Letters Before Action, and to the Money Claim Online website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure