Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

FREE way to give £100k to charity - Vote for BLISS

The Royal Bank of Scotland is giving :shocked: £1 million :shocked: to charity. Daily Mail readers have nominated their favourite children’s charities and 90 have been chosen to receive £10k. Of these, 10 charities have now been specially selected by the judges as potential winners of the £100k top prize… and now people can vote for the charity that they think is the most deserving.

Please consider voting for BLISS the premature baby charity (charity no.1002973). They are most dear to my heart as our son was born very ill and spent time in intensive care. To register your vote please email bliss@dmail.entries.co.uk (it’s FREE) or there’s a 0905 premium rate number to call (but I don’t suggest that for MSEs!).

I know that Christmas is an incredibly busy time, but please help to make a real difference to the care and lives of babies born too soon, too small or too sick to cope on their own. Please pass this message on to others. Thank you xx :T

FYI The full article in the Daily Mail is available from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/prmts/prmts.html?in_article_id=423957&in_page_id=1777 and it lists all 10 charities in the running for the £100k.

(Hope that this post is okay but if not please feel free to delete / amend)
114/2021 for 2021 OS declutter - have even been awarded 1x 🏅medal 

Comments

• Karb
    Karb Posts: 853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    BLISS is my chosen charity too.

My first child was born at 23 weeks, and sadly died 14 hours later. My second child was born at 31 weeks and spent almost 2 months in SCBU's before being allowed to come home.

My vote has been e-mailed.
    Debt free since December 2015. It can be done

• :T Thank you to all MSEs who took the time to vote:T Just thought I would let you know that unfortunately BLISS did not win but as it was shortlisted, it will get £10k!

The winning charity was infact Unique who support anyone affected by a rare chromosome disorder. You may think that because these disorders are rare that it means very few children are affected by them. Well that's where you're wrong! Individually each different disorder is rare (or even truly unique) but when added together at least 1 in every 200 newborn babies has a rare chromosome disorder. Many of these babies and children will have a multitude of symptoms – physical disability, learning disabilities, being slow to reach their developmental milestones and often with a complex mixture of different medical problems. Others babies will have problems having their own babies when they grow up – the heartache of infertility, multiple miscarriages or the birth of a sick and disabled baby.

I hope that you will agree with me that Unique truely most deserve the £100k top prize. If you wish to read the full article in the Daily Mail, just click here.

Thank you again xx
    114/2021 for 2021 OS declutter - have even been awarded 1x 🏅medal 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family