Frugal Living Challenge 2011 - Part 3.

Options

Comments

• tumptyteapot
    tumptyteapot Posts: 671 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ohhhh, online shopping and delivery rocks! that is so much easier than dragging all the heavy stuff around myself!
    Is there a best way to do it? Cheapest time to get delivery etc?
    Tumptyteapot

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aril wrote: »
    The one thing I have realised personally is that I can derive a huge amount of pleasure from things that don't cost money like today hearing that my parents have baby hedgehogs in their garden...awww!

Arilx
    we had baby hedgehogs in our garden last year they were lovely and made noises that i had not realised hedgehogs do. We had to be so careful going out in the garden at night there were so many we had to be careful not to stand on them!!! However did not do much for my frugalness, I was in the pet shop buying hedgehog food and little dishes to put water out for them, then there was the photos.....
    Haven't seen any this year though but i live in hope.
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    paidinchickens - Sorry to hear about your mobile phone bill. Always a shock when you least expect it. Great news about the lasagne.

rubytuesday - Sorry to hear about your credit bill.

raising from the ashes - Sorry to hear about your visa bill. Great news about your produce of peas.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • KolaKube
    KolaKube Posts: 427 Forumite
    edited 3 July 2011 at 11:04AM
    Options
    Everyone, i've done a major thing.... Gone and gotten a mobile phone contract!

I was on PAYG and topping up at LEAST £10 a week on a rubbish phone that kept dying at the most inopportune times ( possibly as its fallen down the loo thrice...) I've signed up to the o2 £16.50 a month contract and am the proud owner of an awesome free smart phone! I'm all new fangled but have downloaded apps and will be monitoring minutes / texts and internet allowance like a hawk so i dont go a penny over lol!! It goes on our normal internet for free at home so i'm dead chuffed :D also it has voucher apps and hotdeals app for moneysaving on the go! I'm on it typing this right now (at home for free naturally!)

So on average i work this out as saving at least £25 per month.... Who says moneysaving can't be fun?! :j

edit: i've just double checked... In the month of june i had to top up £55!!! Im so ashamed we didnt think of this sooner. Xx
    MFW Sept 2013 Starting balance: £101160.59 25 years :eek:
    OPs 2013-2014: £64.33 :o MFW #78
  • KolaKube
    KolaKube Posts: 427 Forumite
    Options
    ohhhh, online shopping and delivery rocks! that is so much easier than dragging all the heavy stuff around myself!
    Is there a best way to do it? Cheapest time to get delivery etc?

Have you tried mysupermarket.com? It compares your shopping basket across mr T, mrA, mr S and mr O and you can then buy the cheapest :D late nights midweek tend to be cheapest for delivery and dont forget to have a quick trawl on the net for ecodes for discounts :j
    MFW Sept 2013 Starting balance: £101160.59 25 years :eek:
    OPs 2013-2014: £64.33 :o MFW #78
  • tumptyteapot
    tumptyteapot Posts: 671 Forumite
    Options
    we have peas!
    Tumptyteapot

• SandraScarlett
    SandraScarlett Posts: 4,133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    we have peas!
    Well done!!! Congratulations to all veggie growers on your produce. :T

xx
  • rubytuesday
    rubytuesday Posts: 22,383 Forumite
    Options
    Just had a bowl of left over soup for lunch.

Really need to sort out the devastation in the house but will have a little peruse here first!

Have lost about 3Lbs so very pleased with myself - my weight was remaining static after my foot injury!
    Here dead we lie because we did not choose
    To live and shame the land from which we sprung.
    Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose,
    But young men think it is,
    And we were young.
    A E Housman
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    we have peas!

Woo! :j :j :D

Rubytuesday - congrats on the weight loss! :j
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon everyone :)

Just sat watching the tennis, after having a lovely lunch of baked haddock with a tomato sauce, steamed asparagus and baked new pots :) nom nom nom. Followed by mini meringues with blueberries, strawberries and raspberries :) Who said healthy had to be boring?! :D

I do need to go food shopping at some point, but will leave that until tomorrow now - we don't need too much in really, but need some fresh fruit and veg, plus some milk and bread. The basics :)

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport