Double 8 Tickets -Aaaargh!

Options
:mad::mad::mad:

Booked tickets to see Paul Simon on 28th June. Checked with Hammersmith Apollo show was still "on" at 4pm so travelled up to London.
Got there at 6.30 pm to find out show had been postponed until the next night!!!!
Couldn't get hold of Double 8 tickets - the line just kept ringing. Eventually got through on Thursday to ask about a refund only to be told that they don't do refunds! Aaaargh! Apparently, as the concert had merely been postponed and so no refund was due!
Double 8 are only ticket brokers so when things go wrong, you are left high and dry. This aborted trip cost me over £220 for tickets, £180 for hotel and £60 train tickets.
Please read the small print when using ticket brokers and be prepared to lose everything if the concert doesn't go ahead.

Has anyone else got caught like this? Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Taiko
    Taiko Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Surely there's a contract issue. You paid for tickets at a price and for a certain time, this was accepted. They then changed, and you are then entitled to a refund for the loss.
  • nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Taiko wrote: »
    Surely there's a contract issue. You paid for tickets at a price and for a certain time, this was accepted. They then changed, and you are then entitled to a refund for the loss.

Probably, but no the consequential losses.
    i.e. the tickets maybe refunded depending on the T&Cs but not the hotel and train..
  • juliedotcom
    juliedotcom Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    If the Hammersmith Apollo were still advising it was on at 4pm that day then maybe the fault doesn't lie with Double 8 tickets? If the venue is still proclaiming its on then how likely is it the ticket broker knew any different? You should almost definitely be entitled to a refund of the tickets. Can't see them being able to do anything about transport/hotel costs though.

Good luck.
    "What day is it?"
    "It's today," squeaked Piglet.
    "My favorite day," said Pooh."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business