PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• nickynoo08
    nickynoo08 Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can i re-join please. Did this a while ago but kept loosing recipts and lost track of my monthly spends. Thought it would be easier to have a yearly budget but that didnt help either. Now our family has situation has changed and money is really tight at the moment so need to keeps spends as low as poss. I'd like to aim for £100 for july to inc all food toiletries baby bits for me my ds4 and ds1
    £387.39/£196.46
    Pay my debt by End of Feb 2022
    49.28% paid!

£199.55/£500 savings by End of April 2022
    39.91% saved!

Make £2022 in 2022 - £20
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    well DH only spent £8.66 in t3sco :j he couldnt find the yoghurts so bought different ones which were just a little bit more expensive. on the plus side we had 2 vouchers for a free bottle of dr p3pper, when it went through the till it was 2 bottles for £1.80 and the vouchers were for £1.08 each so t3sco paid us 36p to drink dr p3pper :j:j

we have spent 22.7% of julys budget ( thanks to whoever showed us how to calculate it )
  • Beki
    Beki Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    hiya, i've never been able to stick to one of these from start to finish :o but i'll try my best to this time lol. can you put me down for £240 please :) xx
  • flower91today
    Options
    spent 8.84 in a*di so that means my total spend for the month sofar is 20.76, shouldnt need anything now intill fri/sat.
    72,77/ 150.00 - sept gc
    159.46/150.00 - aug gc
  • lessthanthree<3
    Options
    £350 for July for me please.

My month started on Thursday when I did the first weekly shop, so £71 spent already.

I am desperate for some really cheap quick meals- beans on toast doesn't go down too well with OH! Any ideas?
  • 69chick
    69chick Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    Not long back from a hen party in Bournemouth which was really good but a bit costly (I havn't bought drinks in a nightclub in years but :eek::eek:)

Had my Ocado order on Friday night, he was over an hour late (instead of between 7-8pm it was 9.15!!!) apparantly a delay with their delivery, he then went on to explain how their system works (as I had never ordered before) and as we looked into on of the bags (colour coded for cupboard) a bubble bath had leaked all over everything! the lid was completely off, so I had to wash down the crisps and other bath stuff in there, but sent back the paracetamol as they were a complete mess...It was quite good as he showed me on his computer thingy where it had automatically credited the bubble bath etc. and at the end he did take off the delivery for me as he had arrived soooo late...Usually it wouldn't have mattered but I had been out at the school fair doing my bit and thought when I got in I would have the moussaka I ordered and then pack for my weekend, so ended up eating it at nearly 10 oclock by which time the glass of wine had made me all squiffy and I just threw a load of stuff into my case willy nilly (luckily I got up reasonably early on Saturday to make a few adjustments)...sorry for all that waffle!!!!

DH is out all day and evening on a work do tomorrow,so think it will be egg and chips or pasta for us...Then Tuesday am off with ds to see Take That so will probably get us both a dodgy burger there...

Will read back and catch up later, hope you have all had a good weekend x
    Starting with Avon C6 target sales £150.00
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    I did my weekly shop in a$da today. Didn't need too much - cat food, dishwasher stuff, milk, bread and handwash. That little lot set me back £8.83. However, I did spend another £12.53 on stuff I didn't need. Got 12 tins of toms (15p each), oep kits 2 for £3, deodorant, shaving stuff and some mini mi1ks. Altogether spent £21.36, taking my total to £21.76 so far this month.

My challenge this month is to reduce my overspill of food in the house. Don't think buying 12 tins of toms will help really, but they'll be used quicker than some of the stuff I have, that's been in the cupboard for lord knows how long!!

I seem to really be getting the hang of this only shopping once a week lark. I think it's 4 weeks now! Go me! I've finally realised that I can do without stuff until the next weekly shop - wow, what a novel concept! Obviously, I always knew that, I just didn't really KNOW that...

Small steps...

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    Options
    spent £8 today, i think i need to go threw what i've spent as i think i added the pepsi and ice cream from the other night twice, theres no way i've spent nearly £20, since i only had £115, and i put £30 desil in and still have £65 and a good bit of change left, so i'll work it out and update my sig in abit
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • got-it-spend-it
    got-it-spend-it Posts: 5,016 Forumite
    Options
    Am I too late to join the party this month?

I would like to set my limit at £100 for this month as we are trying to use up store cupboard and freezer contents as much as possible.

£42 spent so far, which is a big old chunk, but that is all meals bought for the next two weeks, plus some leftover for the second fortnight of the month too.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all I did my big shop in Sainsbobs yesterday and was quite pleased with the result I had some money off vouchers which helped plus when I got to the checkout the scales didn't work so the supervisor said as a gesture of good will was I willing to pay £2 for my apples and the stuff to be weighed could go through for nothing I had five large Gala apples so I agreeed and had for nothing
    a big bunch of bananas
    carrots ,
    swede
    mushroom,
    jacket potatos
    a bag of white grapes ,
    some plums
    some on the vine tomatoes
    10 oranges,
    and two big bunches of broccolli
    So I had a bag full of fruit and veg for nothing .By the time the vouchers and some nectart points were taken of my original bill had dropped from £54.68 to £43.46 so I am a very happy lady this morning and no shopping for me for several weeks at least as I had replenished a lot of my basic stores of rice,pasta,flour museli and cereals ect.My fridge is bulging at the moment and I can't get anymore in there.I am hoping that what i have in store will do me till at least the end of July now apart from maybe some milk.Then my DD arrive yesterday morning with some tinned stuff that she was donating to me as she had a clear out of out her cupboards and she knew I would never throw food away, so I think I am set up for the rest of the month
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure