Can't free up space on my laptop

Options
Hi can anyone help.
I have a laptop that was supplied to me by my work, it is a Toshiba Tecra M9 and runs on Vista.
It keeps telling me that I am running out of disk space, it states that I have 830mb free of 37.2 gb and the status bar of this is red.
I have run c cleaner I have uninstalled loads of unused programs but it doesn't seem to do anything, can anyone please advise?

Comments

• santer_2
    santer_2 Posts: 4,406 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Click start, computer, right click the hard drive, click properties, click disc clean up, then look for more options, clean up restore points, see how much that removes, if it is a lot, change the setting for how much of the hard drive, system restore can use
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    I have a laptop that was supplied to me by my work,

Was it given a clean build? if not, it's possible that it was used by loads of other people before you and each of those people has a local profile. If your work uses Microsoft Exchange for email then each of those people may have logged on, opened Outlook and syncronised their mailbox to the laptop.
    As well as their mailbox there's a good chance it'll have anything they've saved on it as well, and possibly offline storage files for all users.

If it has then it's old user data you need to delete and CC Cleaner / uninstalling programmes, won't do anything.

How many accounts are there under Documents and Settings?
  • stonecoldsteveaustin
    Options
    Hi Santer thanks for that I did try that but still the same.
    Scheming forgive me, how do I find Documents and settings to find accounts?
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    My Computer > C: >

it's either in there as documents and settings, or users.. i can't remember on Vista off the top of my head.
  • santer_2
    santer_2 Posts: 4,406 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Also, get treesize free, it should be added to the right click context menu by default

http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

Then right click the hard drive or any folder to see what is in there
  • stonecoldsteveaustin
    Options
    Thanks guys I will try
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts