3 days to go and NO flowers!

Options

Comments

• Curious_George_2
    Options
    my life is like a rubbish soap opera... if things only came in threes it would be easy!

its not the end of the world... so i have different flowers, there are a lot worse things that could happen...
    i was just really dissapointed this morning, i was thinking that even if my frind can get some for me as there is a shortage the price will have gone through the roof so i probably wont be able to afford them anyway,
    but we shall see.... fingers crossed and all that
  • ikati5
    ikati5 Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why don't you go to Covent Garden flower market, get the train to Vauxhall, anyone can go, it is open from about 3am til 11am, they will sell to anyone and it is a huge aircraft hanger size place full of flowers suppling every florist in the country. 1) if you are going to get them, it will be there 2) you can chose a suitable alternative from thousands of blooms. You can drive in, it is in Vauxhall, not Covent Garden itself and parking is £4.00
  • Curious_George_2
    Options
    thanks ikati but thats not really practical, the next 2 days are choc full of appointments and other stuff, plus the 2 children,
    Also i dont drive, money is always a factor (just going there would cost £20 - 30 before the flowers)
    and we get married saturday

our contact bloke was in covent garden when our friend spoke to him anyway, so if there are some available. he will know
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    Hi George, nothing new to offer, but I hope you find a repacement soon.

Good luck for the big day too. Everything will be wonderful.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • marywooyeah
    marywooyeah Posts: 2,668 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They're still out here in central Scotland - local gardens are full of them. Perhaps worth trying someone further north ?

is there anyway yourself and the OP could come to some arrangement? eg you picking flowers and sending them by courier which OP could pay for and would get there before saturday?
  • Curious_George_2
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help, ideas and good luck wishes,
    our garden center man (dad of my friend) contacted his... umm... contacts lol and you just cant get them,
    so ive accepted the fact it will be the roses instead, we pick them up in the morning...im sure they will be gorgeous... its just not the first choice thats all

(im such a brat! lol)
  • sammy_wheeler
    sammy_wheeler Posts: 2,351 Forumite
    Options
    im curious- just catching up- sorry about this!! glad u came up with a solution- and on the day u wont notice!!
    Is a married woman!! 23rd July 2011 Best day of my life!

TTC first baby Jan 2013
  • Scotsbride
    Scotsbride Posts: 960 Forumite
    Options
    my friend has just been in contact, her dad is a "flowery" person apparently and might be able to help... so shes on the case,

re - supermarket, when they are in season they always have peonies in my tesco but they only ever have pink, we are going for a look about in stores tomorrow

ebay - might have been an option if i had longer than 3 days, but thanks for looking.

mazz - im in essex, by the beach... there is a peony farm in colchester, thats all he grows and if he hasnt got any... i dont fancy my chances, but i will try and remain hopeful til the last minute! lol

thank you all for trying to help.... i do love this forum!

if your near covent garden flower market in vauxhall it might be worth a try or try nurseryfreshwholesaleflowers.com or trianglenursery.co.uk or try interflora or supermarkets
    :kisses3: Married 29th September 2012:love:
  • mshelsbels
    mshelsbels Posts: 739 Forumite
    Options
    Wondered how you got on Curious? xx
    Women marry men hoping they will change, men marry women hoping they won't! Inevitably they will both be disappointed.
    Albert Einstein
    :smileyhea
  • bubbles0169
    bubbles0169 Posts: 6,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mshelsbels wrote: »
    Wondered how you got on Curious? xx
    have you seen this?
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=45012090#post45012090
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
This discussion has been closed.