3 days to go and NO flowers!

Options
omg!
had a phonecall this morning from our wholesale florists to say that the weather has killed all the peonies and i cant have them... they cant get a single one

we were supposed to be picking them up tomorrow and making my bouquet for saturday!!!! i was having 30 cream peonies tied in 2 bunches of 15 with purple ribbon then tied together, half is to be given to the woman who has been married the longest and half is to be laid on my best friends grave the next day

Those flowers were the first thing i picked, i love them because they look like little scoops of ice cream! plus they are the only flowers we were having as i dont really like the usual ones people have, most floral arrangements are a bit funerally for me

am now in my very first proper bridezilla panic.
we have just been up there and ordered some roses but if i now dont really care about the bouquet, im thinking why should i spend a fortune? im all for going to tescos now :(

3 days to go and no flowers

Comments

• trying_2_b_good
    Options
    Oh, that's terrible, I'm so sorry.

The roses will be beautiful though. I might have said to go to Tescos, but as they have such a beautiful and significant meaning for you, you should stick with the ones from the florist.
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge #148 - £59.93
    Crazy Clothes Challenge # 103 - £84/£200 £30 Coat/£12 shirt/£23 jeans/£6 t-shirt/£13 2 x tops
    Shoes £79/£100: Cowboy boots, canvas pumps, re-heal boots/ £25 safari shoes
  • neilcrook
    neilcrook Posts: 282 Forumite
    Options
    Could you ring a couple of local florists but not say its your wedding? See if they have any peonies in and how much it would cost as the wholesalers have let you down?

Either way, the roses will look beautiful too even if it isn't exactly what you wanted.
    :DStolen the OH's account so it's Jenna - not Neil:D
  • Curious_George_2
    Options
    thanks,
    the problem with that is we have been in touch with wholesalers, a few florists and even a bloke 40 miles away who owns a peony farm and there isnt one single bloom between them,
    apparently the weather forced the season 3 weeks early and there just arent any because of it.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    Curious thats such a shame...peonys are beautiful and I undersand completely why you chose them...and it seems that you have searched high and low for them so I guess if theres none about you will have to think of an alternative.

Make a point of buying a bunch every year for your anniversary..even though it may not be possible for you to have them on saturday...

I really hope you get something sorted and go on to have the most wonderful day...
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Tiara_2
    Tiara_2 Posts: 1,203 Forumite
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear that :(
    Is there anyway you could get artificial peonies in time?
    Keeping everything crossed you can find some flowers you are happy with xx
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 29 June 2011 at 1:36PM
    Options
    Just had a look on the interflora website and it seems that they are still offering the cottage garden bouquet
    http://www.interflora.co.uk/catalog/product.xml?product_id=2515520;&search=1
    Its not white peonys, but pink.... but you could phone some interfora florists to see what they may have in stock what they are using as a substitute to the peony if they cant get them either...
    Same for M&S they still seem to be offering pink.

Alot of the online florists do seem to have removed the peony bunches so I guess the season must be over early....its such a distinctive flower that theres isn't really a comparable alternative..you could possibly look at a large blown rose but even thats not really the same...such a shame for you.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Hollie84
    Hollie84 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear that,what a nitemare.id be panicing to i dont know what to suggest if there arnt any u can lay your hands on at all.last thing you need isnt it.yes could you not get artificial ones,i know its not the same x
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you checked with your wedding insurance to see if they can cover sourcing them?
    I doubt it - they'll most likely just say alternative flower if anything at all, but it might be worth a punt?

If it's any consolation, the week leading up to my wedding the floris said she couldn't get hold of any sweet williams, which I wanted for the table deccies. In the end she managed to get a few & mied them with outher flowers, and they were still as pretty.
  • Mazzarati2000
    Options
    Curious,where in the country are you? Maybe we can help you find sthng/an alternative? x
  • neneromanova
    neneromanova Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just looked on ebay, there's some fake ones for sale...dunno if that helps at all?

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=artificial+peonies&_sacat=0&_odkw=peonies&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
    What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure