blackberry curve 3g

Options
hi my son has a contract phone with vodafone.a few weeks ago he sent it away to be repaired the scroller was sticking.when he got it back they said they would not fix it because it had a bit of cosmetic dammage on the case.he could still use the phone if he used the scroller very carefully but now the play pause button isnt working.he got intouch with the shop today and they said if he wants it fixed he has to pay for the repairs.could anyone tell me if he has any legal rights on this.he has a 18 month contract and has about 6 months he has ask them about endind the contract but it will cost a fortune.so the only option for him is either to pay to have it fixed or just keep paying for his contract.has anyone got any idea,s how to either get them to fix it or end the contract.
thanks hyltonlad p.s ive posted this on the mobile phone board but had know reponse

Comments

• omen666
    omen666 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Surprised they took it away to be repaired as they normally do a swap out for contract users
  • ValOrient
    ValOrient Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If he posts on the Vodafone forums about his experiences and the existing problems then they should contact him with a view to resolving the problem. They did when my son had a problem with his Blackberry and he still had 5 or so months to go.
  • hyltonlad
    hyltonlad Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    hi to you both i posted the same post on the mobile phone board and got this reply Hi hyltonlad,

I am sorry to hear that your son has a problem with his handset. The warranty that we offer on the phone unfortunately does not cover it if the phone is damaged in any way. Does he have insurance for the phone at all? If so, he can claim for a new handset.

Best wishes,

Heidi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    thanks hyltonlad
  • ValOrient
    ValOrient Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It sounds like the damage to the scroller is linked to the damage to the case, in which case I think he is stuck. If he gives it a month or 2 Vodafone may be happy to do an early termination of the contract (for a new contract).
  • somethingcorporate
    Options
    If you google the sticking roller-ball issue, depending on the model, it can be quite simple to fix. Alternatively, take it to an independent mobile phone repair shop and get them to have a look - they will have the tools needed to crack the case and blast the sensors.
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • Littlemiss27
    Littlemiss27 Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    If you google the sticking roller-ball issue, depending on the model, it can be quite simple to fix. Alternatively, take it to an independent mobile phone repair shop and get them to have a look - they will have the tools needed to crack the case and blast the sensors.

It's a trackpad rather than a rollerball on the Curve 3G, so probably not as easy to fix as the rollerball issue.
  • hyltonlad
    hyltonlad Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    thanks to everyone for the help.
    hyltonlad
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts