Student Bursary?

I hope someone can help me with this as I've not had a straight answer from my uni.

I have been at my Uni for 3 years and for all 3 years received the full maintenance loan, tuition loan and grant. I therefore also qualify for the bursary (around 300) a year.

The question I have is, how many times do you get the bursary?
Is it every year you attend (in my case 3) or for every course (I have attended 2 courses).

Comments

• MrsManda
    MrsManda Posts: 4,457 Forumite
    You should get it each year you meet the qualifying criteria (for example receive the full maintanence grant and pay full tuition fees).
    Your university's website should have details on their qualifying criteria, how it's assessed and how it's administered.
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    talisha wrote: »
    I hope someone can help me with this as I've not had a straight answer from my uni.

I have been at my Uni for 3 years and for all 3 years received the full maintenance loan, tuition loan and grant. I therefore also qualify for the bursary (around 300) a year.

The question I have is, how many times do you get the bursary?
    Is it every year you attend (in my case 3) or for every course (I have attended 2 courses).

Do you mean that you've resat a year? I'm not sure that you'd get it in those circumstances.
  • talisha
    talisha Posts: 13 Forumite
    Thanks for the quick response :)
    Basically the first year was a foundation course (a Higher Diploma)
    while I am now coming to the end of my 2 year Degree, making that 3 years at the uni.

EDIT: Just to clarify my uni isn't the best at letting their students know about bursarys, nothing is on the website about it ;)

So I should be getting 900?
  • MrsManda
    MrsManda Posts: 4,457 Forumite
    edited 28 June 2011 at 9:12PM
    talisha wrote: »
    So I should be getting 900?

Depends on your university. Where are you studying?
    Have you checked your student finance application to ensure that you ticked the box saying that SFE can share your financial information with your university? If you've not given this permission I don't think you're eligible for the bursary as the information is used by the university to assess for the bursary
  • talisha
    talisha Posts: 13 Forumite
    I'm studying at The Academy of Contemporary Music and they hand out the minimum amount of about 300 no more.

I have ticked the box, as I was already receiving it for the first year when my dad paid for my fees (lucky me!).

It seems I didn't receive my monies for my last 2 years...have sent an e-mail to the finance people, hope to have some good news by the end of the week :D

Again, thank you all for your help! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport