Bad design/faulty meat grinder 2yrs old

Options
Hi all, just after some advice before I try and return or get a refund for a meat grinder I bought about two years ago. I bought an Anthony Worrral Thompson Meat mincer/sausage maker from Argos, cost £89. I have used it about two/three times a month as it is not something you use all the time. I can not find the receipt but I am sure I paid for it by card and can probably find the transaction on a statement.
When I last used it the whole mincing section suddenly spun round spilling the meat and trapping my arm. When I checked the appliance the plastic connection between the grinding section and the base & motor had worn on the corners thus allowing the whole section to spin rather than mince. It seems that the plastic part is not up to the job and it is a bad piece of design, the rest of the machine is in perfect working order, but it is now too dangerous to use.
Please can anyone advise if you think I have a chance? also what sort of approach I should use when I take it back? Any advice gratefully recieved! :)

"Big Al says dogs can't look up!"

Comments

• mountainofdebt
    mountainofdebt Posts: 7,795 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A snowball has more chance of surviving hell.
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • elaine241
    elaine241 Posts: 436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, well, well Welsh snowballs are indestructable even in hell! :D
    Despite not having a snowballs chance I thought what the hell and contacted Argos anyway. I explained the fault and that I felt it was dangerous. I was asked to take it to our local store where the manager agreed with me and exchanged it straight away! :j
    Even though I had no receipt and had bought it nearly two years ago he ageed with me that it should have lasted longer and that it was no fit for purpose. I didnt push for a refund as I was happy with a replacement RESULT!

"Big Al says dogs can't look up!"
  • NeilF3485
    NeilF3485 Posts: 600 Forumite
    Options
    I've said it on a number of other threads before - Argos' return policy and customer service is on the whole excellent and arguably the best on the high street.

I've had a similar thing before where I've returned something 2 years on, with no box, receipts anything and they have given me store credit!

Congrats on a good result!
    "We can all fly as high as the dreams we dare to live...........unless we are a chicken" ~ Anon.
  • PZH
    PZH Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NeilF3485 wrote: »
    I've said it on a number of other threads before - Argos' return policy and customer service is on the whole excellent and arguably the best on the high street.

Yep - my experience supports this as well.

Just remain calm and polite :T
    “That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing.”
  • somethingcorporate
    Options
    phoodless wrote: »
    Yep - my experience supports this as well.

Just remain calm and polite :T

Unless it is an electrical item such as a PS3, when they even try to deny your statutory rights!

I have found Argos management in the past to be the most jobsworth, rude, ignorant and all around useless individuals I have come across in retail. I am glad a couple of you have had better experiences.
    Thinking critically since 1996....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport