Credit scoring query

Options
Am about to apply for an interest free card to transfer my balances to (that time of year!) and have come to the part on the application form that asks about my bank account - have 2 current accounts - one with A&L which I have only had for 6 or 7 months but which has regular, large sums of money going into and my Barclays one, which I've held for over 11 years, but parachuted from it when I started court action to claim back my charges.

As I want to keep the number of applications down to a minimum, which one should I put on my application? The one that's been recently working with healthy sums of money, or the one that's been open for longer.

TIA

Comments

• squishy_2
    Options
    anyone, please? :j
  • Dazza.mk_2
    Options
    Does it ask specifically how long you have been with your main bank? If not I would guess they aren't particularly interested in this information - as it isn't necessarily easy for them to verify anyway(ie I've got current accounts with both NatWest & First Direct [although not for much longer] that never appears on my credit report).
  • squishy_2
    Options
    Yes, they do specifically ask how long I've been with my bank and they only ask for details of "current" account
  • sofa_surfer
    Options
    I would definitely go for the Barclays one; you can always explain later that for whatever reason it is not your 'main current' bank account if they query you. If Barclays do not force you to close the account, I would keep it for applications.
    iaye carramba!
  • squishy_2
    Options
    Thanks, will do that and keep fingers crossed!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure